You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Computerized Tomography Scanner Technologist-Full-Time Rotate
Be a part of a world-class academic health-care system at UChicago Medicine as a Computerized Tomography Scanner Technologist (CT)in the CT Department.
Sign-on Bonus up to $10,000
The Computerized Tomography Scanner Technologist performs diagnostic imaging studies as assigned, applies principles of radiation protection, exercises professional judgment in the performance of imaging procedures, provides necessary patient care during the course of imaging procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs imaging duties as assigned
- Positions the patient being tested to insure that proper image capture is achieved
- Selects proper technical factors
- Utilizes computer to record patient status
- Functions proficiently with all technical equipment in diagnostic modality
- Assists physician in performing imaging studies
- Prepares contrast media for administration to patients and assists the physician
- Maintains technical imaging equipment to be in proper working conditioned
- Reports malfunctioning equipment or housekeeping issues to appropriate person
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and neat
- Maintains an adequate inventory of all necessary supplies
CT Technologist Required Qualifications
- Satisfactory completion of formal Radiology technology training in an AMA approved school
- Effective communication skills and excellent patient care skills required
- Current registry by ARRT, advanced CT certification required within 12months of hire date
- Licensure by the State of Illinois (IEMA)
- CPR training required and BLS training recommended
- Job Type/FTE: FT/1.00FTE
- Shift: Rotate
- Unit/Department: Computerized Tomography (CT)
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- No Visa Sponsorship Available
Must comply with UCMC’s COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Why Join Us
We’ve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2311266767
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.