You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Software Engineer - Mid Level (Hybrid Role)
We look forward to you bringing your talent to add to our team supporting a robust, world-wide national intelligence program providing mission application design, development, engineering and integration services in support of the U.S. Intelligence Community. Peraton, a recognized leader in Cyber, Digital Transformation, Cloud, Operations and Engineering, is seeking skilled Software Engineer to join our team of professionals delivering technology services and capabilities in defense of the nation.
You would be joining a team of professionals with over 10 years of outstanding support developing and sustaining mission critical and mission essential applications to prevent strategic surprise and deliver a decision advantage to warfighters, defense planners, and policy makers. We take pride that our users include warfighters and interagency partners that defend America’s national security interests.
We are committed to investing in you and your family through paid benefits, competitive total compensation, challenging opportunities and career growth opportunities. If you are ready to be challenged, advance your career, passionate about making a difference, and are excited to support our country’s defense and intelligence missions, we are ready to talk to you!
What you'll do:
The Database Engineer – Mid Level will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Design, develop, document, test and debug applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determine computer user needs; analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepare operating instructions; design and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensure software standards are met.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Coordinate software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree and 8 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Active (currently in Use) TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Information Security or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in a cyber-engineer role supporting enterprise software solutions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relay technical information to customers and laypersons
- Intermediate Linux/Unix administration knowledge
- Working knowledge of networking concepts (e.g. TCP/IP, firewalls, routers, etc.)
- DODI 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I
- Interest or experience in cyber security to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design and development and/or experience in an operational environment
- Experience with security design and architecture of Cross Domain Solutions (CDS)
- Strong verbal and technical writing skills
- Shell scripting
- Experience with security COTS product integration (e.g., firewall, web gateways, Data Loss Prevention)
- Public Key Infrastructure and Identity Management
At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best beyond the work you do with us daily. We’re fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Range for Posting
Salary Minimum: $57,500 Salary Mid: $115,000 Salary Maximum: $143,800 The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2308287458
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.