You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Product Owner (Hybrid Work Schedule)
See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, fourteen years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list nine times. We are honored to be voted by our Chicagoland team as a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace for three consecutive years in 2020, 2021, and 2022.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – check out our virtual tour and culture!
- Quarterly profit-sharing bonus
- Hybrid Work schedule
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Monthly IT stipend
- Casual dress code
- On-demand pay options: Access your pay as you earn it, to cover unexpected or even everyday expenses
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The Job at a Glance
As a Product Owner (internally known as Product Roadmap Wizard) you will be responsible for directing the efforts of an agile team to deliver feature enhancements and industry-first innovations to our customers. You will help design and deliver features that delight customers and help fuel the tremendous growth of Parts Town. You will own a portion of the Ecommerce customer journey and work to continuously improve their experience in innovative ways.
- Lead agile ceremonies for your team including daily scrum calls, sprint planning, sprint demos, and retrospective
- Own and prioritize your product backlog and create the roadmap for your product domain
- Conduct research and discovery for new feature ideas
- Build Project Briefs and OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) to communicate the purpose behind each enhancement you deliver
- Write Epics and Stories in Jira and that align with your roadmap
- Understand customer and stakeholder needs and incorporate those into a product strategy and roadmap
- Along with QA, perform User Acceptance Testing of your features to ensure the development meets the expected vision for your product
- Create A/B test enhancement variations to iterate and improve your product
- Partner with business units, marketing, UX, and engineering to successfully deliver the product roadmap
- Evangelize the new capabilities you bring to life through training and demonstrations to internal and external teams
To Land This Opportunity
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner, driving product development in an agile environment
- You’re an excellent communicator and have a passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences
- You possess a strong knowledge of agile techniques and best practices
- You can operate at a strategic level and dive deep into technical details and complexity with ease. You can readily communicate technical and complex topics to non-technical audiences
- You have a technical background, and have done some development in the past
- You can handle (and enjoy the variety of) shifting priorities – We are a fast-growing company, and that means being nimble to capitalize on opportunities when they arise
- You just find a way to get things done – You obsess over the details, and you deliver
- You appreciate how exciting and rare it is to work at a company with such extraordinarily sustained growth – Success means more opportunities to develop and deliver truly innovative technology, and that motivates you
- You’re an all-star communicator and are fluent in English (both written and verbal)
About Your Future Team
The Ecommerce team is a fast-growing group that embraces the rapid change that comes with incredible growth. We bring our whole selves to work each day - personality and all - in true Parts Town style.
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Business Development
- Forecasting Information
- Market Trend
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2310070215
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.