You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques.
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process.
- Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness.
- Familiar with and complies with all safety requirements and protocols.
- May prepare the materials and set up for a welding device or robot.
- May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty.
- Support the safety and quality programs by following all accompanying rules and established processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to operate forklift and cranes.
- Ability to read and interpret simple blueprints.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools such as hammer, pliers, screwdriver, wrench, drill, grinder and bander.
- Ability to use measuring tools such as tape measure, box caliper, slide dial caliper and micrometer.
- Ability to convert fractions to decimals and vice versa.
- Ability to convert metric to English.
- Provide high quality work to all internal and external customers as related to the output of their position.
- Capable of setting up and operating one or more processing machines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (preferred).
- Must pass a MIG welder certification.
- Relevant apprenticeship, experience, or vocational training, preferred.
Subject to environmental conditions that occur indoors and outdoors which includes but is not limited to exposure to changing temperatures, loud noises and vibration from use of equipment and the following:
- Hazards: Variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin- fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- Oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Community Service Day
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
At O’Neal Manufacturing Services (OMS), we build things! As an O’Neal Industries affiliate company, we are a leader in the fabrication of steel and metal products that shape the world in which we live in. Our culture is driven by honesty, integrity and respect. We set high expectations for ourselves in providing a safe and diverse work environment. If you are looking to be part of a dynamic company to build your career, visit onealmfg.com/careers to learn more!
OMS Louisville supplies parts for trains, construction equipment, forklifts, and more! Located near the Airport Industrial Park, OMS Louisville is home to employees with a wide variety of skills and tenure, with some exceeding four decades. OMS Louisville possesses a variety of equipment, including: lasers, machining centers, oxy and plasma burners, manual and robotic welding equipment, saws and presses, aluminum processing, and much more.
$20 - $24 / hr
- Use Welding Equipment
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
- Use Welding Technique
- Metal Inert Gas (Mig) Welding
- Welding Symbols
- Welding Procedures
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MzExMzo1NzM5NzAtMTA3MzYwNw
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.