You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Field Service Technician/ Industrial Mechanic
Triad Service Center is seeking a qualified Field Technician for service and repair of light industrial equipment in the Columbia, SC area. Equipment that is commonly worked on are floor scrubbers, sweepers, handicapped carts, checkout lanes, paint shakers and other commercial customer equipment found in large retail / industrial locations. Technicians will also install, and service grease containment units used in conjunction with deep fryers. This position would utilize a company vehicle regionally and therefore require a valid, good standing driver’s license.
The position would be primarily Monday-Friday, averaging 40 hours a week. Vehicle, laptop, cell phone, PAID TRAINING provided.
Starting Pay Range: $18-$24.
Our Technicians Typical Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
- Have Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to diagnose, repair and complete both service calls and scheduled PMs on light industrial equipment is essential for our mechanics.
- Successfully provide customer service by performing on-location preventative maintenance and repairs on customer equipment by performing job duties.
- Visually inspects, tests, and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions. As well as dismantles machine parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Installs new or repaired parts; clean and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, belts, and other parts of machinery.
- Staying organized by scheduling repairs and PM’s in similar locations on the same day, as time and location permits. Record keeping and reporting of work orders, parts, supplies ordering, and a daily agenda.
- Submits daily, work orders, daily agenda/timecards, parts orders, and all required paperwork. Treats company equipment (i.e. vehicle, tools, phone, tablet, credit card, and parts) as if they were his/her own and follows PM’s guidelines on company provided vehicle.
- Travel can be up to an average of 300 miles per day
- The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Income is based an hourly pay structure, with up to a ½ hour start of the day and end of the day reduction for commute time. Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Typically, Monday through Friday. Weekends and after hour work is possible provided customer is willing to pay emergency rates. On call status ends at 11 am EST on weekends and holidays
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly
- Dependability - Excellent attendance. Responds to service request in a timely manner. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving skills. Must, always meet state and federal regulations
Our Technicians / Mechanics Enjoy These Benefits:
- Health Care with 24-hour free access to WebDr
- Dental, Vision and Company Paid Life Insurances
- 401K with Automatic Company Sponsored Deposit
- Paid time off, Company Supplied Uniforms and much more…
As this is a mobile position, our Field Service Mechanic / Technician can be based out of many cities around Columbia SC area.
Find out more:
Powered by JazzHR
- Facility Management
- Personnel Selection
- Security Systems
- Traffic Control
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDp0NjA0elRQZG9I
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.