You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Tank Builder / Welder (Nationwide)
We are currently looking to hire top field welders. Join our team and become a “tankee” traveling throughout
our beautiful country!
Compensation: Hourly wage based upon experience and skill set, plus per diem (to cover meals and lodging). Normal hourly wage paid for work-related travel (no overtime). Non-union. Occasional prevailing wage. Non-exempt. No PTO or paid holidays. Pay periods are weekly. Direct deposit is available.
Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision benefits are available on the first of the month following a 30-day probationary period. Phillips Tank pays approximately 60% and employee pays 40% of medical benefit premiums. Employee pays 100% for vision and dental benefit premiums.
Shift: Project work schedules vary. However, a typical work shift is daylight (10 hours per day, 5 days per week).
Status: Full-time employee (subject to project availability and work schedules.)
NOTE: Compensation, benefits, and other position details are subject to Phillips Tank’s policies and procedures.
Day to Day Duties:
- Performing arc and torch cutting and gouging.
- Using generators, compressors, tuggers, blowers, grinders, and other power and air tools.
- Welding plate with 7018, 7024 and 6010 stick (SMAW), flux core (FCAW), and submerged arc automatic machines (3 o’clock and “goat”/tractor).
- Using come-alongs, hydraulic jacks, hoists, air bags, winches, and other lifting equipment.
- Using tank shell buggies, tank scaffolding, tank ladders, and other specialty equipment.
- Performing vacuum box tests, oil tests, dye penetrant tests, and other non-destructive quality examinations.
- Using gas monitors, fresh air kits, respirators, emergency rescue kits, and other safety equipment.
- Operating forklifts, man lifts, boom lifts, and other large lifting equipment.
- Knowledge of crane operations (including rigging and signaling)
- Reading detailed erection and fabrication drawings.
- Planning the sequence and methods of fitting up, welding, repairing, and constructing tanks.
- Completing job safety analysis, safety audits, site-specific training, and other safety training.
- Follow directions and work professionally with other crew members. \
- Other duties as assigned.
Powered by JazzHR
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDpISDFCQ2RweEdW
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.