You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Tax Manager - Real Estate Partnerships (In-Person, Hybrid, OR Remote)
Tax Manager - Real Estate Partnerships
Location: Downtown Austin, TX and/or Round Rock, TX
Remote Eligible: All US states excluding CA and NY
Compensation (for Colorado market only): $90,000 - $130,000 Depending on Qualifications
Who We Are
is the largest locally owned accounting firm in the greater Austin area. We’re known for offering exceptional work-life balance and our dedication to our people, our clients, and our community. We’ve been named Accounting Today's in the US three of the past four years, with a 2nd place ranking in 2020.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a tax manager, you will lead client tax engagements from start to finish, utilizing your prior technical experience to help clients navigate their tax compliance requirements as well as leading the consulting and planning process. You will be responsible for managing the client’s tax deadlines, filing requirements, and analyzing billing/collections related to the client engagement. Coaching and mentoring junior associates are important in this role, as the growth of all team members is important to the growth of our practice. This Austin-based role presents a unique opportunity for fast professional development, learning and growing in a team-oriented group with limited travel expectations.
What Sets Us Apart
We’re redefining what it means to work in public accounting by:
- Instilling the belief that while recognizing everyone’s version of “home” is unique to them
- Leaning on our and showing genuine care and concern for one another
- Empowering our people to do what’s best for them, while providing exceptional client service
- Cultivating an environment that allows our people to thrive personally
- Investing in the professional growth of our people
Want to see it for yourself? Check out our (@maxlocrit) and to learn about the employee experience at ML&R.
How We Prevent Burnout
- We have significantly lower hours than industry standard – 2300 total hours expectations: inclusive of PTO, holiday, CPE, admin time, etc.
- We strive to ensure no one is working more than 55-60 hours per week during busy season
- We value our people and do not micromanage based on hours
How You Can Grow
Unlike traditional accounting firms, our people create their own personalized career paths, whether they are pursuing a path to partner or not. With dedicated advisors to guide you, we’ll assist you with finding a career path that works for you.
We have a strong history of promoting within – 22 of 25 current partners were promoted to partner after demonstrated success at the firm. Regardless of your path, we provide tools to help you succeed.
Our Commitment to DEI
As a firm that embraces people from different backgrounds, we encourage applications from those who identify with the BIPOC or LGBTQ+ communities, possess visible or hidden disabilities, and/or have served in the military. Let us know if you prefer certain pronouns or if you need reasonable accommodations at any point throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Maxwell Locke & Ritter is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels of our firm. To support this endeavor, our focuses internal efforts on awareness, recruitment, and outreach.
Maxwell Locke & Ritter LLP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
What We Offer:
- PTO: 22 days (increases with firm tenure) plus 8 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays
- Paid parental leave and paid bereavement leave
- Annual bonus through profit-sharing plan
- 401(k) plan including profit-sharing contribution
- Insurance: medical insurance (cafeteria plan including medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts), dental insurance, vision insurance, term-life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing professional education
- Hybrid, flexible scheduling
- Many more perks and benefits
(Employees must work a minimum of 30 hours a week to be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Limited Purpose Medical Flexible Spending Account, Full Medical Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Term Life and AD&D, Long-term Disability and Employee Assistance Program.)
What We’re Looking For:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant tax experience at a public accounting firm (preferably a Big 4, national, regional, or large local firm)
- Experience working with the following:
- Complex partnership allocations
- 704(c) property and related allocations, like-kind exchanges, and other real property gain deferral strategies
- Real estate investment funds and related property entities
- Experience reading and interpreting partnership agreements
- CPA certification
- Excellent research skills and strong written and verbal communications and people skills
- Excellent technology, project management and presentation skills
- Advanced degree in taxation preferred
Powered by JazzHR
- Due Diligence
- Mergers And Acquisitions
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDoyU2FNWndxUnVS
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.