You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Policy Outreach Associate
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is between $60,000 and $75,000. EFI offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401k with a 5% match; and a pre-tax Flexible Savings Account, Health Savings Account, and parking and metro benefits. We have generous paid time off, plus all federal holidays and the week between December 25 and January 1.
About EFI Foundation
The EFI Foundation is a Washington-based registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to harnessing the power of technology and policy innovation to accelerate the clean energy transition. Led by principals with decades of experience and proven track records in government, academia, and the private sector, the EFI Foundation conducts objective, fact-based, and rigorous analysis supported by a multidisciplinary network of experts.
About Energy Futures Initiative
Energy Futures Initiative is a clean energy think tank dedicated to harnessing the power of innovation - both in technology and policy - to create clean energy jobs, grow economies, enhance national and global energy security and address the imperatives of climate change. To fulfill this mission EFI conducts research and analysis and preserves independent control of the methodology, content and conclusions of all projects and publications.
EFI was founded by Ernest J. Moniz, who served as the thirteenth United States Secretary of Energy (2013-2017) during the Obama Administration. Former Secretary Moniz also serves as the co-chair of the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) and holds a position at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Former Secretary Moniz and other principals of EFI also are principals of EJM Associates, LLC, a Washington-based business consultancy.
The Energy Futures Initiative and EJM Associates participate in a shared services agreement and, pursuant to the agreement, employees of the Energy Futures Initiative perform professional services for EJM Associates consistent with their job description.
EFI is seeking a mature and professional associate to with the ability to brief cabinet-level policymakers, C-Suite executives, television producers and on-air personalities. Candidates should have a proven ability to perform under pressure while juggling multiple tasks on deadline.
The preferred candidate will be an organized and enthusiastic person with experience on Capitol Hill working for a committee, party caucus or member of Congress. In that previous role, you will have proven experience managing staff and stakeholder meetings on policy issues, collaborating with policy staff to plan and organize briefings and forums and drafting and circulating notifications and communications. In this role, you will meet regularly with congressional staffer, state and local policy makers, and business executives to elevate EFI’s analytic work. We would also want you to be surehanded in handling a variety of administrative tasks as part of EFI’s work to organize and host public events.
This is not an entry-level position, and candidates must have at least three years of relevant experience after college graduation in a paid position. In this role you will be required to handle travel logistics and confidently deal with unexpected challenges (flight delays, city traffic), while making sure preparation milestones and event target times ae met.
Additionally, this is a hybrid position, and candidates must be in or willing to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area for at least two days a week in the office on a typical week.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Lead or participate in briefings for congressional offices and other relevant stakeholders
- Present EFI’s analytical work; prepare and distribute fact sheets and one-page leave behinds
- Create and maintain contacts lists for content distribution to a variety of stakeholders (executives, technologists, U.S. policy makers and their staffs)
- Write and send mailer alerts for EFI events as well as follow-up emails and phone calls
- Prepare briefing books for senior leaders at EFI
- Staff EFI events and briefings, both in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond
- Assist with pre- and on-site event logistics (photography, live tweeting/social media, registration, Zoom logistics, and more)
- Plan and prepare for EFI’s annual Advisory Board meeting, and other important energy related events (CERA Week, NYC Climate Week, the annual UN annual climate conferences)
- Write news releases and blog posts for EFI’s website and monthly newsletter
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of experience on Capitol Hill after college graduation in which you worked for a committee, caucus or member of Congress
- Knowledge of the U.S. political process and legislative calendars
- Proven experience on Capitol Hill managing staff and stakeholder meetings on policy issues; collaborating with policy staff to plan and organize briefings and forums; and drafting and circulating notifications and communications
- Experience with energy policy issues and technological innovation preferred but not necessarily required (the priority we give to this will depend on the experience of the applicant pool); interest in these issues is a must
- Familiarity with Excel, CRMs such as Salesforce, mass email programs, and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of the AP Stylebook is a plus
- U.S. citizenship or authorization to reside and work in the United States
- Proof of vaccination against COVID-19
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. EFI is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (preferably on an energy topic)
- Finalists will be required to provide two personal references
STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY
EFI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans are encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or accommodation for this job application due to a disability, you may contact us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Policy Outreach Associate.
Powered by JazzHR
- Client Rapport
- Decision Making
- Time Management
- Managed Care
- Business Development
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDpqTkdtd3hlOWNw
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.