You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
(Part-Time or Seasonal) Food Service Assistant Manager
Provisional: $13.75 per hour (up to 1,500 hours per year).
Seasonal: $12.20 per hour (up to 600 hours per season).
Eligible part-time employees will receive up to a $3.00 per hour retention bonus for all hours worked from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Additionally, eligible seasonal employees will receive a $0.60 per hour seasonal bonus for all hours worked. For details,
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Work activities in this position primarily involve assisting the Facility/Activity Manager with all activities relevant to the operation and maintenance of the assigned park facility or facilities and acting as Manager in their absence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The list below is intended to describe the general nature of duties only. Employee shall perform other duties as assigned.
- Prepares food/beverage order request and serves park visitor.
- Greets park visitors and takes their food/beverage order.
- Accepts payment and makes change using a cash register.
- Sells sundry items using a cash register.
- Reconciles daily food service receipts, including alcohol sales and inventory.
- Unloads stock items and places them in appropriate storage area.
- Keeps food service manager updated on inventory items and advises of what supplies are needed and orders when necessary.
- Cleans food preparation equipment, food work area, and counter.
- Trains and supervises seasonal Food Service Attendants.
- Ensures that facility equipment is properly maintained, stored, and cared for.
- Ensures the operation of profitable and efficient resale/rental operations.
- Advises and guides employees in developing good work habits.
- Gives instructions to all employees reporting directly to them.
- Sets schedules for cleaning and normal maintenance.
- Suggests and institutes new procedures for more efficient operations.
- Schedules all hours of work for personnel reporting the them.
- Ensures that all employees use accepted safety measures and precautions.
- Acts as Facility/Activity Manager in their absence.
- May drive beverage cart with acceptable driving record and of legal age.
- Knowledge of safety practices relating to a food service attendant.
- Ability to get along well with co-workers, supervisors and park visitors.
- Ability to operate food service equipment such as drink dispensers, popcorn machine, frozen confections machine, grill, deep fryer, etc.
- Ability to operate cash register.
- Ability to accurately perform cash transactions including making change.
- Ability to load, unload, and rotate stock items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Will be required to work assigned Special Events, Weekends, Evenings and Holidays.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and varied hours depending upon park demands.
- Will be required to adjust schedule to meet organizational needs.
- Ability to perform essential duties
- Ability to distinguish letters and symbols.
- Ability to communicate through the use of telephone.
- Ability to operate computer and assist other employees in operation of applicable software programs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with park visitors in order to ascertain their requests.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of food service rules and regulations as outlined by the county health department.
- Knowledge of food handling in regards to prevention of foodborne illnesses, personal hygiene, time and temperature requirements, cleaning and sanitation requirements.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations and tabulations.
Powered by JazzHR
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDp5ckpXbm5sVmwx
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.