You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Eligibility and Benefits Coordinator
Eligibility and Benefits Coordinator
Locations: Colorado Springs, CO
Come work for a company that is transforming the industry!
We are Ascend, one of the highest volume clinical laboratories in the United States. With the use of the most advanced tools and technology, we process millions of tests each month. For over 30 years, we have been delivering industry-leading service and excellence in testing. At Ascend, we are relentlessly innovating and growing to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Ascend is unlike most companies, offering the discipline of a healthcare leader and the mentality of a tech startup. At all times, our employees are taking on new challenges and solving problems. As a company that is on the leading edge, we are seeking individuals with a similar mindset who enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
At Ascend Clinical we turn diagnostic samples into life-sustaining and life-saving diagnostic results for the patients served by our clients. As an Eligibility and Benefits Coordinator, you will play a vital role in the process. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accurate and timely verification of insurance information in a dynamically changing environment. Attention to detail and accuracy is a key component for success.
- Works with both government and commercial carriers representing all US states and outlying territories to determine and validate insurance and other demographic information.
- Gather and verify information from a variety of sources to include correspondences, phone, websites, and other electronic means.
- Determine patient eligibility, confirm benefit levels, and update patient accounts with appropriate information.
- Ability to analyze and update patient accounts using appropriate coordination of benefits rules and regulations.
- Researches and resolves COB issues on patient accounts which result in denials and takes appropriate action to correct and resubmit claims for payment.
- Ensures all related documents are filed in and/or scanned into the patient’s medical record.
- Supports accounts receivable team leader by reviewing invoices, patient accounts, and other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Previous work experience in multiple aspects of the revenue cycle is required to include: authorization, insurance verification, billing, collections, or denials management
- Understanding of both private and government insurance carriers with experience in determining insurance coverage, and familiarity with COB and ESRD rules and regulations
- Experience with computerized billing systems and desktop software tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, & Outlook)
- Detail oriented, organized, and results driven; minimum of a high school diploma
The compensation range being offered for this role is $19-$21 hourly. Compensation and benefits information for this position is being included in accordance with requirements of the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Please note that the salary range listed relate specifically to roles located in Colorado and that salary ranges for similar positions located in other Ascend Clinical locations may vary. In addition, salaries may vary for different individuals in the same role based on several factors, including but not limited to individual competencies, education/professional certifications, experience and performance in the role.
Powered by JazzHR
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDozNEFZcGF1ME5Z
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.