You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Proposal Writer - Professional Service Firm (onsite)
About GG+A -- Our mission is advancing yours
GG+A is a full-service philanthropic management consulting firm with 60 years of industry-defining leadership in helping our clients realize the full potential of their missions through the growth of philanthropic support. Our primary mission is to assist our clients in the substantial improvement and acceleration of their fundraising programs. We seek to align those programs with the institution’s core mission and ensure their sustainability.
GG+A is an international resource for data-driven best practices in all areas of advancement, including fundraising, engagement, communications, and advancement services. We provide counsel to a global constituency of nonprofits, specifically in the areas of higher education, academic medicine/healthcare, independent schools, arts and culture, select humanitarian institutions, and a range of charities and nonprofit organizations.
GG+A embodies a high-performance and entrepreneurial culture. We are client-centric, rigorous, creative, and data-driven in our practices, and committed to responding swiftly and effectively to client needs and requirements. We offer a challenging environment and seek intelligent, energetic, and self-motivated individuals who are achievement-oriented and have high integrity.
The Proposal Writer serves a critical role within the Business Development and Marketing Teams onsite in our Chicago office. The person in this position will partner with consultants and other colleagues, aiding them as they seek and secure business for our philanthropic management consulting firm with nearly 60 years of industry-defining leadership in helping our clients realize the full potential of their missions through resource generation.
The Proposal Writer collaborates with the Proposal Lead, Practice Area Leaders, consultants, key colleagues within the firm, and clients to craft business proposals that speak to the needs of the clients, describe the expertise of the GG+A consulting team, and express the value proposition of a partnership with GG+A. The person in this position will be responsible for meeting individual performance metrics, as well as partnering with both the Marketing team and consultants to meet collective sales goals.
The Proposal Writer is responsible for crafting responses RFPs, partnering with Business Development leadership and project leaders to assemble subject matter experts from our consulting teams, communicate with clients to understand their needs, work with consultants to develop creative solutions, and translate those solutions into informed, tailored proposals with proper scope and pricing to insure profitability. This person will be a thoughtful and creative problem-solver, able to assess and improve current templates, systems, and processes to ensure excellence across all proposals and business generated by the team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Under the leadership and guidance of the Proposal Lead, partner with consultants and other colleagues to research, develop, document, scope, and price solutions that address client needs
- Achieve both individual and the team’s collective metrics for proposal activity and outcomes
- Work with consultants and Marketing to generate clear and compelling proposals, sales presentations, and other business development materials - often under strict deadlines
- Partner with consultants to scope the scale and reach of projects and calculate pricing
- Collaborate with other staff members to ensure the effective integration of all firm research and relevant client case studies into proposals
- Partner with the Business Development Operations Manager to document and update new business opportunities in CRM. Recognizing when to seek guidance from leadership.
- Apply critical thinking and teamwork to enhance strategy for RFI’s, proposals, sales presentations, estimates and budgets. Recognizing when to seek guidance from leadership.
- Demonstrate superlative attention to detail, balanced with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Provide both internal and external customer service orientation and a commitment to meeting high expectations for quality and accuracy under aggressive deadlines
- Flexible hours (weekends/evenings) may be required to accommodate global clients and deadlines
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, journalism, communications, or similar discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience, preferably within a non-profit organization or professional services firm in a business development or writing/editorial capacity. Experience acquired during education, will be considered
- Previous proposal development and/or business writing experience, with demonstrated proficiency in editing and proofreading
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Excel, CRM (Salesforce) and SharePoint a plus
Communication and Relationship Skills
- Ability to establish, cultivate and nurture high value relationships across the organization, and with clients
- Demonstrate the mission, vision, values, and culture principles of GG+A
- Demonstrate Professional interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide highly valued client-service for both internal and external clients, with focus on continual improvement
- Ability to read and comprehend intermediate instructions given from written and oral sources
- Ability to write intermediate correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, employees, the public
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication and comfortable presenting to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English fluently
- Ability to understand mathematical relationships and formulas
- Ability to understand and employ accounting mathematics
- Ability to manage and track budgets
- Ability to work independently and know when to seek guidance from leadership
- Demonstrated ability to use diplomacy and tact
- Ability to identify problems and determine the best course of action for their resolution, including knowing when to communicate and engage others
- Ability to think analytically and proactively solve problems
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects demonstrating structured organization and astute attention to detail
- Demonstrates sound discretion, professional judgement and business ethics in decision making
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to use office equipment such as computer, keyboard, mouse technology
- Repetitive motion activities such as heavy typing and using a mouse
- Ability to adjust focus quickly from one medium to another
- Attend any/all proposal meetings and in-person client meetings
- Flexible hours may be required to accommodate global clients
GG+A is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other legally protected classifications.
Powered by JazzHR
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDpmUWkzeDRjSGY3
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.