You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Design Engineer I
Atlantic Engineering Group (AEG) is a privately held telecommunications engineering and construction company that specializes in fiber optic internet infrastructure deployments. Our corporate office is in Buford, Georgia with offices throughout the country. See for more information about AEG and our current projects. Multiple positions are available in Austin/San Antonio, TX, Kansas City, MO, Buford, GA, Denver, CO. This position is a hybrid position (part remote, part in office).
The Design Engineer I is responsible for creating fiber designs for fiber optic networks that are efficient and deliver solutions to the customer for OSP or ISP construction. Their duties include preparation of design using engineering software to develop and refine FTTH networks based on efficiencies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Designing, researching, and prototyping layouts for OSP and Fiber design
- Collaborating with design and production teams on projects
- Generation of bills of materials, splice sheets, and other supporting documentation for design
- Review completed design for errors and efficiency and deliver F1 and F2 designs for projects
- Identify solutions to improve production efficiency
- Develop ISP patch panel diagrams/ cable rack layouts
- Ensure design specifications are maintained
- Adhere to appropriate quality standards set out in the design requirements
- Modifying existing designs or products to improve their performance or integrating new technology
- Other projects or duties as assigned
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- ***Experience with FTTH/telecommunications industry design is strongly preferred***
- ***ESRI Products and ArcGIS or ArcPro work experience required***
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, GIS, product design, discipline, or certification in drafting
- Excellent Communication and problem-solving skills
- Accurate and strong attention to detail, strong work ethic and integrity
- Competence in design methodology, process, and metrics
- Flexibility to work shift differential hours and strong organizational skills
- Ability to write lisp routine and other CAD assistance program a plus
- Google suite, AutoCad and MicroStation preferred
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Excellent Team player and teamwork skills
- Advanced design skills
- Network-focused creative thinking
- Valid form of identification
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- May experience long hours of standing and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
All candidates interested in employment with Atlantic Engineering Group, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Atlantic Engineering Group, LLC does not offer sponsorships for current or future employment visas (e.g., H-B1 employment visa).
Atlantic Engineering Group, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDpjeXpJQVZSdUg2
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.