You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Benefits Administration Specialist
The Benefits Administration Specialist is responsible for administering the day-to-day operations of client benefit programs (group health, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending plan, HSA/HRA, 401(k) plan). Provide excellent customer service and quality benefit administration. Provide analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs. This position reports to the Benefits Manager.
About the Company:
HR&P was founded in 2000 and specializes in payroll processing, benefits administration, and human resources consulting. We have built a reputation on providing exceptional customer service and administrative solutions that help companies improve their productivity and profitability. HR&P is equipped with a highly experienced staff who are dedicated to building trust and valuable partnerships with our clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the administration and coordination of multiple medical, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement, FSA, HSA/HRA, ancillary, and supplemental plans;
- Point of contact for client, employees, and outside vendors on all benefit related inquiries;
- Coordinate with outside agencies regarding implementation, open enrollment, updated plan information, requested reports;
- Research and resolve discrepancies regarding client and employee benefit plans;
- Work effectively to make sure the plans run smoothly;
- Set up and maintain client plans, electronic benefits enrollment, and employee deductions to ensure accuracy for payroll processing;
- Assist clients and employees with questions regarding employee elections, deductions, plan docs, new hire benefits, annual renewal, and other benefit plan related items;
- Review and reconcile plan data to ensure accuracy, assist clients with reporting requirements and plan audits;
- Manage carrier, vendor, and outside agency relationships;
- Provide professional and timely customer service support to internal and external customers;
- Process all new-hires, terminations, and employee changes to vendors in a timely manner;
- Work closely with client and vendors to update plans as needed to ensure accurate carrier feeds;
- Coordinate benefit plan setup, employee deductions and compliance reporting issues with Information Systems, Human Resources, Payroll and Tax Compliance;
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and reconciliation, make necessary adjustments to ensure accurate pricing/billing;
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state legal requirements for qualified plans including plan documents, summary plan descriptions, policy manuals, testing, audits, and government filings;
- Work/communicate with other departments to keep the client satisfied.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- 3 to 5 years’ related benefits or employee benefit administration experience required;
- Bachelor degree recommended;
- Excellent communication and organization skills are required;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates;
- Capable of effective planning and priority setting;
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of benefits administration;
- Knowledge of benefit contract language;
- Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills;
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with ability to utilize Word, Excel, internal databases;
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills;
- Ability to maintain confidential information;
- An extreme attention to detail;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k
- Bonus program – based on eligibility
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company-paid holidays
- Cell phone reimbursement
Powered by JazzHR
- Human Resources Information System (Hris)
- Welfare Plans
- Benefits Coordination
- Welfare Benefits
- Word Processing
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDpTZDVZb1pOVnI1
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.