You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Field Service Technician
Scantron is a global, diverse company that provides market leading technology services to help business owners and professionals achieve their goals. For more than four decades, the Scantron brand has been recognized as the trusted source for technology services and managed print solutions. Scantron is headquartered in Eagan, MN, with offices in Omaha, NE and Lancaster, PA.
Why choose Scantron?
- We have a generous benefits package for our full-time employees, which includes a PPO medical plan option, HSA medical plans that go with employer contributions to an HSA Account, dental, vision, company-paid life insurance, and company paid short- and long-term disability coverage.
- Plan for your future with Scantron’s 401K savings plan with a generous company match. You are vested on your first day of eligibility in the plan.
- Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
- Explore new education opportunities with our Tuition Reimbursement Plan which covers up to $5,250.
- We offer work-life flexibility, driving professional success but encouraging time for personal pursuits.
Scantron Technology Solutions (STS) is a division of Scantron Corporation. STS is a leading managed services provider of IT, print, and hardware services, with a security focus at the core of every service. STS provides nationwide, on-site service to businesses of every size, focusing on the financial, manufacturing, transportation, and healthcare industries. For over four decades, the STS brand has been recognized as the trusted source for technology services and managed print solutions. STS is headquartered in Omaha, NE.
Our Field Service Technicians apply their technical knowledge and experience to solve problems across a diverse customer base. You will support customers in banking, education, logistics, manufacturing, medical, retail, and other industries. As a Scantron Technician you will install, troubleshoot, diagnose, and make repairs to a wide range of hardware including printers, cash recyclers, document finishing equipment, office equipment, servers, PCs, and data communications equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Travels to customer locations via company vehicle to diagnose, repair, and/or replace computer hardware in accordance with service agreements.
- Manages preventative maintenance schedule in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assists other territories and technicians as needed which may include travel to other metropolitan areas.
- Takes ownership of meeting customers’ business needs.
- Coordinates activities and seeks assistance from technical support when appropriate.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, sales, technical support, call center, and customer via voicemail, use of wireless call processing system, or in-person communication.
- Manages parts inventory in accordance with established guidelines.
- Submits required paperwork in a timely, efficient, and complete manner.
- May be asked to train new technicians in an on-the-job manner.
- Attends training in Headquarters and/or outside schools to keep abreast of new technology and hardware product developments.
- Two or more years related experience and/or training.
- Required Certifications/Licensures: Valid State Driver's License
- Be self-motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Able to travel overnight 5-10%
Scantron provides training at our office in Omaha NE along with access to a database of manuals and depot support personnel to call if additional support is needed.
- Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
SCANTRON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our People Department by emailing [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Field Service Technician or calling
EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit:www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Powered by JazzHR
- Facility Management
- Personnel Selection
- Security Systems
- Traffic Control
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDpaMDM1b0dXUWNu
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.