You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Mary’s Center, a nonprofit healthcare center in the Washington, DC area, is seeking a Licensed Dental Assistant. The Dental Assistant will support the clinical staff members indirectly in facilitating the treatment of patients. This team member sets up and cleans dental units for timely turnover as well as ensure sterilization is always maintained. This position is not permitted to take x-rays. The Dental Assistant reports directly to the Dental Operations Manager (DOM). This is an onsite role in the Washington, DC area.
Salary and Compensation
- • $23/hr (plus full benefits package)
- $2,000 sign on bonus
- Prepare and maintain dental instruments, supplies and equipment
- Follow dental procedure isolation techniques
- Manage and control inventory
- Assist in the maintenance of all Oral Health Department areas in compliance with department directives and policies as well as center policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control, and safety issues
- Receive and placing necessary telephone calls consistent with professional matters, clinic business, and patient care of the Oral Health Department
- Assist with various clinical and administrative functions of the center as appropriate and time permits
- Ensure the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials in accordance with Oral Health Department directive and center policy as well as state federal regulations(s)
- Comply in full with the center’s Exposure Control Plan
- Travel when necessary to meet operational needs
- Perform other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives, as directed by supervisor
- Bear responsibility for personal compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dental hygiene and the clinical provision of dental hygiene services as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, workplace safety, public health and confidentiality.
- Assist the providers in the electronic transfer of data from paper to digital (scanning)
- High school diploma or GED
- Current CPR (BLS) certification
- This position does not require DANB certification or x-ray licensure prior to start, but applicant must apply for DANB certification and x-ray licensure within 90 days of hire
Hamdan Resources, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA), making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship and/or authorization to work within the U.S.is required for most positions.
Powered by JazzHR
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDpXN2QzUEhSckU3
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.