You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Site Superintendent - Residential
Site Superintendent - Residential
Portland, OR - Full Time
Van Acker Construction (VAC) is looking for an experienced Site Superintendent
The ideal candidate will be a team player who is curious and willing to learn while imparting their knowledge of local building codes and regulations. Additionally, they will possess the ability to bring diverse teams together to work toward a common goal. The Site Superintendent
As Construction Managers and General Contractors, Van Acker Construction (VAC) is the firm with overall responsibility for all activities on a project. Although everyone at VAC must be able to work well together to execute a high-quality finished project, it is the Site Superintendent
This project is expected to commence in late summer 2023 and last for three or more years.
Due to the scope and nature of this project it will be divided into segments and sub-teams. The Site Superintendent will be responsible for their part(s) of the project in addition to working as a team with other Site Superintendents and the Project Manager toward the overall success of the project.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage, coordinate, and supervise the construction process from conceptual development through final construction on a timely and economical basis
- Oversee the organization, scheduling, and implementation of the project to execute the designs provided by the PM and design-architectural team; direct various teams to complete the tasks that integrate the building structure, mechanical, and landscape systems
- Coordinate and manage people, materials, and equipment; budgets, schedules, and contracts; and the safety of employees and the public; oversee all activities at the site daily
- May be responsible for the selection, hiring, and oversight of specialty subcontractors -- which could include everything from structural metalworking and plumbing to painting and decorative art installation
- Regularly review engineering and architectural drawings and specifications to monitor progress and ensure compliance with plans, specifications, and prevailing building codes
- Meet regularly with owners, subcontractors, architects, and other design professionals to monitor and coordinate all phases of the construction project. Interact with city officials and neighbors as needed.
- Observe job conditions and to be alert to changes and potential problems, particularly involving safety on the job site and adherence to regulations
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least twelve years’ experience in the construction industry, in positions of increasing skills and responsibility; and at least five years’ supervisory experience.
- Experience working with historical residential buildings, stone masonry, and roof tiles is a plus.
- Minimum educational requirement of a high school diploma with college-level or equivalent education in construction and engineering, business and administration, or other related classes
- Understands contracts, plans, and specifications, and is knowledgeable about construction methods, materials, and regulations; can read engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings.
- Well versed in state and local construction codes, regulations, requirements, and practices
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office Applications a must; familiarity with software programs for job costing, scheduling, and estimating is important
- Applicants must be in good physical condition, able to perform the work and walk the site (for example, uneven surfaces and long distances between structures).
- Adaptable and be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment; decisive and able to work well under pressure, particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays.
- Able to coordinate several major activities at once, while analyzing and resolving specific problems
- Must be able to establish priorities and assign duties. They need to observe job conditions and to be alert to changes and potential problems, particularly involving safety on the job site and adherence to regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to able to establish a good working relationship with many different people including owners, subcontractors, other site superintendents, design professionals, and neighbors. Excels at diplomatic negotiations and client relations.
- Maintaining confidentiality is of utmost importance
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
Group Medical / Vision / Dental, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, 401k with Company Contribution
Base annual salary is $120,000 - $180,000 (DOE), plus annual discretionary bonus. Actual offers will be based on a variety of factors including experience and skill set.
The Site Superintendent position is an exempt (salaried) full-time role working from the site field office daily. Most Site Superintendents work more than a standard 40-hour week to meet special project deadlines or handle delays, bad weather, or emergencies.
Relocation packages are not being offered for this position.
Established in 1983, Van Acker Construction is Northern California’s leading high-quality residential construction firms. We also hold General Contractor’s licenses in Oregon and Nevada. We are builders and construction managers with a track record of executing large and complicated projects on-time and on-budget.
To find out more about Van Acker Construction, please visit our website at
Powered by JazzHR
- Decision Making
- Time Management
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDpDYjIyZGJFSnV3
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.