You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Sr. Civil Estimator
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for deciding the projected time frame needed to complete a project and additional factors like labor needs, materials, budgets, and potential setbacks. Duties include but are not limited to, communicating with personnel and contractual professionals or vendors, using computer software to weigh production risks or compile reports and making presentations to project leaders outlining their suggestions for upcoming projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzing requirement documents, blueprints and project plans to gain a thorough understanding of the project.
- Determining what factors of production will influence the cost of a service or product.
- Preparing material estimates and cost estimates for the product or service
- Creating labor estimates for any project
- Developing and maintaining relationships with company vendors and contractors
- Managing bids from vendors and contractors
- Using bid data to prepare detailed a cost analysis.
- Presenting prepared estimates to management and other stakeholders
- Compiling and recording actual costs
- Assists in other areas of department or other departments as required.
- Presents a professional and helpful appearance.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Minimum of five (5) years estimating and bidding commercial projects such as apartments, hotels, and residential projects
- Minimum of one (1) year supervisor/management experience
- Working knowledge/experience of Agtek and able to run earthworks and utility takeoffs as well as generate GPS files for our equipment.
- Working knowledge/experience of HCSS heavy bid.
- Team-oriented and possess a commitment to excellence.
- Valid state issued driver’s license in good standing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (e.g., Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize urgent tasks appropriately.
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Decision Quality
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Sandstone Trucking LLC, Sandstone Site Services, LLC, and Allstate Paving and Site Development, LLC provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Our company is a drug-free workplace, and all candidates which are offered a position will be required to submit to pre-employment drug screening. Refusal to submit to drug screening will result in retraction of offer.
Sandstone Site Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug-free workplace
Powered by JazzHR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDpPcm1TU09oT09a
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.