You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Provide all massage, hydrotherapy, and body services offered by the Spa at CordeValle. Cultivate and maintain a professional attitude at all times. Appropriate speech, behavior and excellent communication skills with all people you interact with. Assist with maintaining treatment rooms and all work areas: sanitation, inventory, supply ordering as needed.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Greet guests and escort them to treatment room.
- Provide all massage and body treatments according to Sense protocols.
- Escort guest to their desired location.
- Keep work area clean and neat at all times.
- Keep employee area neat and clean at all times.
- Contact the spa the evening before a scheduled workday to confirm hours scheduled, maintain contact throughout scheduled workday with front desk staff to communicate additions, deletions, and changes in schedule.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before a scheduled shift. Return punctually from breaks and meal periods.
- Assist other departments within the spa whenever necessary and available.
- Ability to drape guest exposing only the body part being worked on.
- Maintain a well-rounded knowledge of the human physiology, being able to identify a wide range of symptoms and disorders.
- Ability to assist the guest in selecting services to best aid the guest in alleviating problems or attaining their goals while at the spa.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain CordeValle core values and adhere to the CordeValle Responsibilities.
- Contribute to the “greening and sustainability” of the spa
- On call for no less than two shifts per week or 8 shifts per month including a minimum of 2 weekend shifts as needed.
- Available to attend spa treatment/product trainings.
- Available to attend 75% of spa employee meetings per year.
- Available to attend CordeValle employee trainings and meetings when required.
- Available to work holidays and weekends as needed.
- All other duties as required.
- Experience: 1 year experience in a professional environment, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Education: Certificate of completion from a State certified recognized school of massage indicating 200 hours of training in massage therapy and 100 hours of documented supervised experience. Proof of on-going continuing education since certification.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, understanding of the relationship between the structure and function of the human body, understanding of the theory, contraindications and benefits of massage therapy.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 50 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding. Requires assisting people onto and/or off of service tables 30-36” high. Must be able to provide 6 hours of services per day.
- Licenses & Certifications: California State Massage license issued by the California Massage Therapy Council
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the positions that are
Incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements
are Essential Job Functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be
performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to
perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Associates voted us Great Place to Work in 2021
- Salary ranges from $15.90 to $40 per hour
- 401K matching contribution of 100% of the first 3% of your pay that you contribute, plus 50% of the next 2% of your pay that you contribute to the Plan on a pre-tax basis or as a Roth contribution. Company match is not offered until 12-months of service.
- Paid sick time: Company provides a sick leave benefit. All Associates who work for CordeValle for 30 or more days in a year will be granted (three days or 24 hours) of paid sick time each year.
- All employees will be eligible to enjoy complimentary golf and tennis benefits at our world class championship golf course and tennis center subject to the employee Golf & Tennis Use policy.
Powered by JazzHR
- First Aid
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MTU3MDpscnBSUktxVktP
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.