You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Pharmacist II, Nuclear
Now offering a$1,000gross sign on bonus!
This position is benefit eligible the first day of employment.
What Nuclear Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Pharmacy Operations is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective coordination of Cardinal Health's pharmacy operations that service acute care hospitals, hospital retail customers, ambulatory care and alternate site facilities, oncology and cardiology practices as well as retail customers.
Nuclear Pharmacy is responsible for providing radiopharmaceuticals and other drugs to medical care providers under highly regulated State and Federal guidelines; may also consult with or advise physicians and nuclear medicine technologists on the safe and efficacious use of radioactive drugs for diagnosis and therapy.
Click here to watch a short video about what a Nuclear Pharmacist does at Cardinal Health
This is a part-time/per diem position, to cover current staff pharmacist and manager PTO, potential sick day(s), weekend and potential long weekend coverage.
- To provide up to 12 weeks PTO coverage per year. Typically 40 hours per week when covering pharmacist vacation; 8 hours per day when covering individual days
- Night Shift 1:00 am - 9:30 am
- On-call 2 weekends every 6 week period.
- Potential holiday on-call, however, we are closed all major holidays, unless customer demand requires us to be open
- Candidate must be flexible to work different days, schedules, hours, come in early, stay late, or work overtime based on business needs.
Various schedule with a mix of days, nights, weekend, holiday and on call work.
- Provides pharmaceutical care to patients as a staff pharmacist, including compounding of nuclear medications, testing for quality through chromatography, and directing distribution of medication using a team of drivers.
- Assesses and maintains pharmacy inventory and executes necessary orders, including reviews, to maintain optimal supply and ongoing availability of drugs, identifying and procuring alternative drugs to mitigate risks, when necessary.
- Manages and directs internal workflows of nuclear pharmacy, including optimization of staffing and scheduling to maintain best-in-class and streamlined pharmacy operations.
- Assists in execution of plans for lowering costs, increasing efficiency and driving profitable growth to support strategic business objectives in the nuclear pharmacy business.
- Maintains relationships with outside suppliers and vendors to understand availability of drug components and assist in demand planning.
- Participates in administrative tasks to facilitate nuclear pharmacy operations, including interactions with customers.
- May oversee running of the facility (known as Pharmacist in Charge) if needed
- Performs other job-related duties as required to ensure the goals and objectives of the department are met including delivering doses if necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or PharmD preferred
- Valid Pharmacist’s license in the state in which the pharmacy operates, or is in the process of obtaining a valid license
- Must complete at least 200 hours of academic training in a nuclear pharmacy through an accredited program
- Working knowledge of biohazardous waste management procedures
- Ability to hear, write, and speak clearly in order to communicate with customers and health care professionals
- Strong customer service skills
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reach, lifting and holding of small objects
- Demonstrated manual dexterity in order to dispense doses
- Ability to lift containers weighing up to55pounds
- Willingness to travel if needed
- Must hold a valid driver's license in the state in which the pharmacy is located or obtain one upon hire
- Comfortable driving in all types of weather conditions (rain, sleet, snow, fog, wind and sun)
- Deliveries occur during both nighttime and daytime conditions
- Flexibility to work various shifts or overtime as needed
- Intermediate computer skills (ability to use computers and tablets)
- Ability to work weekends or be in a weekend rotation
- Ability to work on call or be in an on call rotation
- Ability to work holidays or be in a holiday rotation
- Prior Authorized User certification is preferred. Nuclear Pharmacy Training can be provided
- A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodationmay be requiredin order to be employed in this position. Covid-19 vaccination includes:2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Please note vaccines may be required for the position subject to federal, state and/or customer requirements.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes action to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance and may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Pharmacist II, Nuclear
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Pharmacist II, Nuclear
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2303903937
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.