You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Director of Technical Program Management- Premium Products (Remote Eligible)
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, VirginiaDirector of Technical Program Management- Premium Products (Remote Eligible)Are you passionate about building innovative digital products and differentiated experiences while operating at a large scale serving millions of our card customers? - The Premium Products and Experiences team at Capital One builds digital products and experiences serving our customers with a set of cutting edge products centered around offering world class spend, travel, dining, entertaining and lifestyle benefits. - You will be building products and experiences that would be serving millions of customers through our suite of digital products built on cloud native platforms across web and mobile technologies. - Our technology landscape spans across front end platforms, APIs and a rich data ecosystem for building real-time, intelligent and personalized experiences for our customers. Our teams operate in an inclusive, collaborative and a fast paced environment that values your insights, promotes continuous learning and rewards creative problem solving. - -Why You Want This Job!IMPACT: As our Technical Program Manager lead, you will contribute to the overall success of the high-growth organization.VISIBILITY: This role involves a high-level of engagement with executive leadership on both the tech and business sides to create the right strategic processes, while directly supporting the needs of engineering teams. -CHALLENGE: You will be challenged to work in green space as you contribute to building the operational strategy of this growing organization.GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT: You can enjoy a fast-paced and collaborative work environment where new ideas and solutions are encouraged and rewarded.In addition to the technical program, you will also work to pave the way for an expanding TPM discipline within the team, by leveraging your industry knowledge and experience to teach the organization what a great TPM can achieve.Our Technical Program Management Directors have:
- Strong technical backgrounds (ideally building highly scalable platforms, products, or services) with the ability to proactively identify and mitigate technical risks throughout delivery life-cycle
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
- A quantitative approach to problem solving and a collaborative implementer to holistic solutions; a systems thinker -
- Experience as a TPM leader to grow and develop a team of TPMs, while also building the foundations for the TPM practice
- Ability to simplify the technically complex and drive well-educated decisions across product, engineering, design, and data science representatives
- Deep focus on execution, follow-through, accountability, and results
- Exceptional cross-team collaboration; able to work across different functions, organizations, and reporting boundaries to get the job done.
Highly tuned emotional intelligence, good listener, and deep seated empathy for teams and partnersCapital One is open to hiring a remote employee for this opportunity - - - -Basic Qualifications:
- At least 7 years of experience in technical program management
Bachelor's degreePreferred Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience designing and building data-intensive solutions using distributed computing
- 3+ years of experience in building distributed systems & highly available services using cloud computing services / architecture - preferably using AWS
- 3+ years experience building highly scalable mobile products & platforms
- 3+ years of experience with Agile delivery
- 3+ years years experience delivering large and complex programs - where you own the business or technical vision, collaborate with large cross-functional teams, secure commitments on deliverables and unblock teams to land business impact
- Experience in building systems & solutions within a highly regulated environment
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field (Computer Science, Software Engineering) -
- MBA or Master's Degree in a related technical field (Computer Science, Software Engineering) or equivalent experience -At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.Location is New York City: $228,500 - $260,800 for Director, Technical Program ManagementLocation is San Francisco, California: $242,100 - $276,300 for Director, Technical Program ManagementRemote roles in other areas of New York & California, and across Colorado & Washington: $193,700 - $221,000 for Director, Technical Program ManagementCandidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the -. Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102or via email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Director of Technical Program Management- Premium Products (Remote Eligible). All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Director of Technical Program Management- Premium Products (Remote Eligible) One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
- Software Development
- Agile Software Development
- User Story
- Usability Testing
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 9096_4246904280
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.