You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Lead Software Engineer, Back End (Remote Eligible)
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, VirginiaLead Software Engineer, Back End (Remote Eligible)Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. - We are seeking Back End Software Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies. As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One. - -What You'll Do: -
- Lead a portfolio of diverse technology projects and a team of developers with deep experience in distributed microservices, and full stack systems to create solutions that - help meet regulatory needs for the company
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, mentoring other members of the engineering community, and from time to time, be asked to code or evaluate code
- Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help millions of Americans achieve financial empowerment
Utilize programming languages like Java, Python, SQL, Node, Go, Open Source RDBMS and NoSQL databases, Container Orchestration services including Docker and Kubernetes, and a variety of AWS tools and services -Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.Basic Qualifications: -
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years of professional software engineering experience (Internship experience does not apply)
At least 1 year experience with cloud computing (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in at least one of the following: Java, - Python, Go, or Node.js
- 2+ years of experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or another cloud service
- 4+ years of experience in open source frameworks
- 1+ years of people management experience
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices -At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.Location is New York City: $197,400 - $225,300 for Lead Software EngineerLocation is San Francisco, California: $209,200 - $238,700 for Lead Software EngineerRemote roles in other areas of New York & California, and across Colorado & Washington: $167,400 - $191,000 for Lead Software EngineerCandidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the -. Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102or via email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Lead Software Engineer, Back End (Remote Eligible). All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Lead Software Engineer, Back End (Remote Eligible) One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
- Application Development
- Problem Solving
- Information Technology
- Operating Systems
- Agile Software Development
- Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 9096_4246903350
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.