You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Material Handler Group Leader
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
Utilize your logistics expertise in a manufacturing environment. Perform, train, direct and motivate a group of employees to meet Material Handling quality and production/service requirements. You will assist in the execution of below duties: supply chain services, inventory control, critical parts availability, material handling and shipment of products. You will follow standard work and operating procedures to ensure those duties are fulfilled and goals are met.
- Provide work direction to employees as needed to ensure all jobs have adequate coverage and work schedules are met.
- Monitor employee performance to ensure jobs are being done per specifications.
Motivate/reinforce good employee work habits and where appropriate correct poor work habits.
- Meet with supervisor to plan work schedules and discuss potential problems with meeting schedules.
- Notify Supervisor of department problems i.e.. quality, employee performance.
- Communicate as necessary with off shift personnel, and Group Leaders in different departments
- Explain step-by-step process of a new job to workers and demonstrate how job is to be performed including proper use of power equipment and safety requirements.
- Train employees how to read/understand prints, procedures, and other work instructions.
- Orient employees on department products.
- Emphasize quality of work to employees during training process and monitor work and employees' attitude toward quality carefully during training period.
- Schedule work based on priority, materials, parts and supplies availability and work schedule requirements.
- Establish and coordinate priorities for which jobs are to be done first.
- Coordinate the required activities and ensure Material Handling requirements are met.
- Monitor individual and group performance reports.
- Complete required Material Handling reports.
- Product shipment
- Check and file the related documents
- Provide sales report and other relevant report
- Timely processing of physical and ERP goods receipts including documentation
- Load and unload trucks as required
- Replenish production areas and other areas as assigned
- Cycle Counting as assigned
- Follow all provided control procedures and policies to complete tasks
- Maintain and engage in promotion of a safe work environment
- Good housekeeping of equipment, work area, and other assigned areas
- Prepare orders for shipment.
- Monitor material usage on work floor and replenish mini-mart with raw materials.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
YOU MUST HAVE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to operate numerous forklifts: electric stand-up, electric sit-down and hand truck in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team in a fast paced, changing environment
- Minimum1 year related work experience required
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Some experience in Logistics or relevant functions
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and initiative to learn processes
- Ability to operate a fork truck preferred
- Experience performing transactions in an ERP system (SAP preferred)
- Strong team player.
Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) is a foundational principle at Honeywell, both because it’s the right thing to do and because it is a fundamental enabler for our business. We actively recruit, develop and retain talent from diverse backgrounds and cultures who bring different experience, perspectives, abilities and ideas. We foster an inclusive environment in which all employees feel valued, respected and accepted.
Inclusion and Diversity is more than a commitment to us, it is the way we work.
- JOB ID:
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Quality Assurance
- Operating Instructions
- Material Handling
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: REQ391965E
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.