You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Body Shop Technician-Painter
Job Title: Body Shop Technician
Job Reports To: Asst. Body Shop Manager
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt
Full-Time or Part-Time: Full Time
Position requires the ability to complete heavy truck repairs per estimate including painting. All repairs must be completed with outstanding quality & in timely manner as directed by management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete repairs as per estimate
- Promote sales of labor, parts, and accessories to meet customer needs.
- Perform requested labor operations using recommended procedures, tools and equipment.
- Document work performed and applicable technical information.
- Note additional needed work and obtain approval before proceeding.
- Clean all parts that have been worked on and keep customers vehicles clean.
- Maintain housekeeping and organization of personal work area.
- Maintain tools and equipment.
- Order parts according to dealership procedures.
- Tag all warranty parts and return all dirty cores to Parts in a timely manner.
- Perform repairs in a timely manner set by the manufactures standard repair time guidelines.In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required from time to time.The Physical Capabilities Checklist for this job, which specifies the physical requirements of the job, is attached and is incorporated into this description.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license (automotive and CDL)
- State inspection license (optional)
- Must meet minimum tool list (attached)
- 5 years minimum heavy truck experience
- Diagnostics computers
- Overhead cranes
- Various air tools (including impact guns 1inch,3/4 inch,1/2 inch, and 3/8 drive)
- Floor jacks, transmission and clutch jacks.
- Hydraulic press
- Air compressors
- Primarily a shop environment with heavy machinery and equipment operation.
- A good deal of work in all types of weather conditions.
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MzExMzoxMDQ0NjQtMTA1NjgxMw
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.