You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Medical Unit Secretary
Medical Unit Secretary
We offer great benefits including:
- Competitive wages.
- Bonus opportunities.
- Shift differentials.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Internal growth opportunities.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- 401K with employer match.
- Employee concierge program.
- And more!
Are you looking for a rewarding career in Healthcare? We have an opportunity for a Medical Unit Secretary to join our passionate team at Warren Barr Orland Park
The Medical Unit Secretary is responsible for a variety of clerical duties relating to updating and organizing information on the nursing units; reporting pertinent information to the clinical leadership team; responding to inquiries and requests from staff personnel, guests and families.
- Records medical and administrative information in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the unit.
- Answers calls in a professional manner; directs calls to the appropriate individual and/or takes accurate messages.
- Transcribes physicians' orders to care plans, medication cards, treatment plans, etc. as required.
- Charts nurses' notes in an informative and descriptie manner.
- Forwards new diet orders to the Dietary Director.
- Assists other department with obtaining necessary documentation and signatures from aptients, appointed guardians and family members.
- Assists new admissions, room transfers and discharges of guests.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and professionally with guests, visitors, families, peer and supervisors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At a minimum: High school diploma or equivalent and at least one (1) year of medical administrative assistant experience, as well as an unencumbered State of Illinois C.N.A. certificate, or certificate of completion from a State of Illinois Accredited C.N.A. training course. Prior C.N.A. experience is preferable.
Warren Barr Orland Park is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, expression or orientation, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. When completing this application, you may exclude information that would disclose or reference this information, or any information relating to any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MjM2NzoxMDEyMzcy
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.