You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
02CRFT - Licensed Vocational Nurse
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE
Job Title : Licensed Vocational Nurse
Hourly Rate : Starting at $26.00
Shifts Needed : Monday-Sunday: AM/PM/NOC Shifts
Job Status : Full Time
Work Locations : Inglewood, CA
***DURING THIS UNPRECEDENTED TIME (COVID19), PEOPLE’S CARE IS DEDICATED TO PROVIDING SAFE CARE FOR OUR CONSUMERS BY FOLLOWING THE RECOMMENDED CDC GUIDELINES***
COME JOIN OUR TEAM! Do you have a passion for providing quality support to individuals with special needs? Do you thrive on helping others build/reach their goals in a positive, life-enriching environment? Then we'd love for you to apply!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance offered
- Paid Time Off
People's Care is hiring compassionate amazing providers to support and care for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Here's What You'll Do:
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is responsible to assist the with the coordination of the home so that the residents' health and safety needs are met. The Lead assists to maintain compliance under the California Code of Regulations (CCR), Title 17 and Title 22 as well as the Lanterman Act (Welfare and Institutions Code). The LVN is expected to ensure residents to maximize independence.
- Administer medications to individuals and follow the five rights for verification purposes
- Attend residents’ doctor appointments and address any concerns and changes with the attending physician
- Assist individuals with activities of daily living such as bathing, cleaning, preparing meals, grooming, cooking, cleaning etc.
- Assess residents’ and participants’ wounds, help with dressing change and breathing treatments, as needed
- Audit all medications during a new medication cycle and check the five rights for verification
- Perform g-tube insertions for feeding to individuals
- Perform colostomy care to individuals
- Perform intramuscular injections
- Perform diabetes insulin medication injection to individuals
- Evaluate residents’ and participants’ level of consciousness, neurological factors, and whether they are responsive and oriented post seizure and/or any traumatic episodes
- Redirect in the event of a behavioral episode and continue to support and listen to individual’s needs
- Complete and update client notes system on a daily basis. Observe and report any unusual behaviors and injuries so both Behavior Consultant and Administrator are fully informed
- Assess and identify sign and symptoms of infections (early and late signs)
- Perform basic physical review such as checking for vital signs, (understanding normal and abnormal measures) and head to toe assessments
- Participate in community outing events with the individuals such as hiking, going to the beach, and other leisure activities
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
PandoLogic. Keywords: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Location: Carson, CA - 90746
- Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Health Facilities
- Acute Care
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 561604843
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.