JOB TITLE: Shipping and Receiving Lead PLANT: High Point - Fort Wayne - Schertz
REPORTS TO: Shipping/Materials Manager DEPT: Materials
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: This position is responsible for performing as the lead point of contact within the materials department for all shipping and receiving activities with a goal of 100% on-time delivery and 100% accuracy of all deliveries. The Shipping and Receiving Lead will be responsible for overseeing all shipping and receiving functions, delegating tasks within the department, coordinating daily activities, and helping perform inventory and cycle counts as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Follow all Safety Guidelines & Procedures (i.e. LOTO, Guarding).
• Oversee all shipping and receiving functions including, but not limited to paperwork, scheduling, cycle counts, and inventory.
• Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy.
• Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
• Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials.
• Assign daily tasks to loaders and receiving personnel.
• Oversee the receiving of materials, which includes fiber and non-fiber related materials.
• Coordinate the activities of department personnel to load, unload, transport, and store finished goods and raw materials into the designated areas.
• Take daily, weekly, and monthly stocky and cycle counts to ensure accurate inventory counts; assists in correcting inventory when needed.
• Confer or correspond with correct department personnel to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
• Process shipments using determined shipping method.
• Serve as a back-up for all other receiving duties.
• Ensure material is in the proper inventory location.
• Adhere and comply with ISO quality procedures.
• Follow and interpret policies and procedures.
• Work with customer service and other departments as needed.
• Actively participate in the 6S Process and maintain housekeeping during the shift.
• Other duties as assigned.
12/29/2020 Rev. 2 2
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• 3 – 5 years of shipping and receiving experience.
• 2 – 3 years of supervisory experience.
• Ability to speak, read, and understand English language.
• Basic computer and math skills.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to work on a team as well as independently.
• Ability to work in a hot/cold manufacturing environment, which can include standing and/or sitting for the duration of the task.
• Ability to transport or move up to 50lbs. of material.
• Ability to understand and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to work 12-hour shifts and every other weekend when business demands warrant
- Problem Solving
- Provide Actionable Feedback
- Decision Making