Are you ready?
Graybar has been powering industry for more than 150 years, and has a deep understanding of the technologies and solutions needed for success plant operations. We are currently adding Outside Sales Representatives across the United States to focus on selling products and services to increase our focus in industrial automation products and solutions across the Food & Beverage, Water/Waste Water and Metals, Mining and Mineral sectors. You will develop new prospects and maintain contact with established customers, regularly visiting them at their site of business or other off-site locations. If connecting personally with your customers and delivering the best service in the industry is your priority, we are looking for you to join us in being a part of this exciting opportunity! In this role you will:
What you bring to the table:
- Meet or exceed assigned annual budgets working in assigned territory
- Support strategic accounts as primary point of contact for daily activity
- Drive sales and merchandise programs, provide input on new products and services
- Build strong relationships with customers, understanding their needs and recommending Graybar services and programs tailored to their business objectives
- Navigate inside the customer and gain market share of their purchases
- Participate in training sessions, trade shows and sales meetings
- Ensure up-to-date, accurate customer records including reports of business transactions
- Travel up to 60-70% of the time for face to face meetings (company car will be provided)
Why should you join Graybar?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales required
- Ability to sell, negotiate and be persuasive
- Knowledge of product line and pricing
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively while working on multiple opportunities in parallel
- Technical degree or Business degree with related field or equivalent experience with industrial automation preferred
- Preferred experience in the following markets:
- Knowledge of high-tech industrial automation products
- Knowledge of engineering principles related to customer automation products
- Knowledge of suppliers' automation products
- B2B business strategies
- Preferred experience in Industrial sales or business development
- Preferred experience or trade knowledge of industrial automation solutions
- Understanding of territory with business connections in market preferred
At Graybar, our employees are the heart and soul of our company. We believe that employees with diverse perspectives bring the ideas and innovative thinking we need to solve our biggest challenges and compete in an ever-changing world. Consistent with our values, we welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures and experiences into our company because we believe it's the right thing to do and the right way to run our business.
We want each of our employees to know that they matter and to feel a sense of belonging, ownership and inclusion at Graybar. We believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect, and we work to build a collaborative environment where our employees have the opportunity to grow, learn and make a difference, both as individuals and as part of the team.
That's what our employee ownership culture is all about: working as one team and moving forward together, while honoring the unique value each person brings to our company.
Apply now and find out what's next for you.
At Graybar, we are known for our comprehensive benefits and our employee stock ownership plan! As a full-time employee of Graybar, you will accrue THREE weeks of vacation during your first 12 months, and will have access to a wide variety of our benefits. Benefits include: Medical Insurance and Prescription Drug, Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Disability Benefits, Profit Sharing Plan, 401(k) Savings Plan, Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays, Employee Recognition Program
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by clicking Introduce Yourself in the top-right corner of the page or create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
- New Product Development
- Business Development
- Sales Management
- Account Management