A leading tech company in Redmond WA is looking for a UX writer. Job Description:
Were looking for a highly creative and tech-savvy content designer to join us. We write the UX content for company products. This role supports a service that helps individuals and families implement the right security recommendations and practices.
Our team brings warmth, humanity, and clarity to the conversation we have with millions of customers. We take this responsibility to heart. Its a big opportunity to do something good, genuine, and important for others.
You'll work with our world-class designers, content creators, and engineering teams. You'll create new product experiences, and your words will help customers learn, solve their problems, and get the most out of those products. Then you'll use data to understand how to improve experiences and content to help customers have the magical experiences they expect. You'll gain perspective into the future and a chance to shape how that future impacts millions of customers around the globe.
A day in the life of a content designer might include:
- Participate in a co-writing session with writers, designers, and product managers
- Brainstorm with a UX writing teammate on how make error messages more human
- Participate in a design session to uncover the core concepts, customer language, and top questions you need to support in the user experience
- Conduct competitive research to inform your content strategy and voice
- Write conversational UI content for a new user experience flow
- Join writers and designers in weekly critiques to get feedback on UX writing and content design
- Co-write a user-testing script to explore an app flow
You'll be happiest here if you:
- See words as an incredibly powerful design material for connecting with people
- Are passionate about the customer
- Are articulate and prepared
- Have a positive yet practical attitude
- Work quickly without compromising quality
- Take initiative and aren't afraid to fail
- Write friendly, brilliantly clear UI text with language that lands perfectly within the parameters of our voice & tone principles
- Design and write content for in-product experiences that help customers achieve their goals
- Capitalize on multiple sources of customer data to inform your content design
- Understand, employ, and evangelize our content design principles, coherence guidelines, and content design evaluation tools.
- Identify opportunities for content additions, improvements, and innovations and effectively pitch those ideas to the team and stakeholders
- Perform functional and editorial quality assurance on content as appropriate
- 3 to 5 years of experience delivering UX content design projects under tight deadlines and on time
- Portfolio of UX writing/content design samples for review
- Natural and inquisitive passion for technology
- Foundational study in the UX design, Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Informatics, Communications, or related field of study
- Experience or training in Design Thinking methodology
- Experience in customer research
- Flexible, versatile writing across form factors, subject matter, and audiences
- Ability to represent content strategy as an integral part of iterative product development
- Creative collaboration and problem-solving skills
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Remote UX Writer Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call
or email [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Remote UX Writer
for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.