You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician - Toledo Hospital - Full Time - Afternoons
**Sign on Bonus $2,500
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
Responsible for primary functions of a pharmacy technician: data entry, prescription fulfillment, packaging/shipping, customer service, and maintenance of pharmacy operations. Additionally, specialty pharmacy technicians perform outbound refill calls to patients, perform appropriate assessments, and triage to pharmacists if issues arise.
1. Telephonic customer service working with patients, physicians, insurance companies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, patient assistance programs, and others as applicable.
2. Assist pharmacist to prepare and dispense medications.
3. Receives, stores, and inventories drug order and supplies.
4. Performs data order entry, insurance billing, and fulfillment of specialty medication.
5. Performs customer service functions and maintains cash drawer with accuracy.
6. Shipping completed orders to patients and prescriber offices.
7. Participates in departmental performance improvement activities.
8. Participates in e-learning activities.
9. Works proficiently within pharmacy workflow software systems.
10. Maintains ongoing knowledge, understanding, and continuing education of related disease states and medications pertinent to specialty pharmacy.
11. Other duties as assigned.
12. Specialty Pharmacy Specific Duties:
-Works proficiently within pharmacy and specialty workflow software systems.
- Specialty Pharmacy-Completing and submitting prior authorization forms with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Specialty Pharmacy-Gather proper information and completing patient assistance applications.
- Assisting pharmacist with patient refill reminder and documenting appropriate clinical information per diagnosis.
**excludes internal candidates
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- License: Certified Pharmacy Technician with Ohio Board of Pharmacy. May be hired with a Technician Trainee License (expires 1 year from receipt) with restrictions in duties and expectation of Certified License being obtained.
- Certification: Certified Pharmacy Technician (either PTCB or ExCPT (NHA) exam permitted)
- Skills: Experience with pharmacy software systems and workflow(s)
- Physical Demands: Extended periods of sitting at computer; daily standing during order fulfillment
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Inpatient Pharmacy Technician - Toledo Hospital - Full Time - Afternoons
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Inpatient Pharmacy Technician - Toledo Hospital - Full Time - Afternoons
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
- Customer Service
- Maintain Patient Confidentiality
- Verify Insurance Coverage
- Filling Prescriptions
- Unit Dose Medications
- Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2267164676
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.