A leader for the Agile Release Train (ART) who possesses a strong understanding of Agile and can execute Agile processes and manage it. The RTE will work closely with Program Managers, PO's, SM's, Architects and Business Owners to directly impact the customer's ability to meet PI goals. The RTE will be the master organizer of the Agile Teams' workload for each Program Increment (PI) and will define the agenda for and orchestrate the activities during each PI planning session.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Agile processes are fully executed.
- Work to guide and coach others (scrum leaders) about the ART and Lean-Agile practices.
- Assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of Train.
- Oversee the ART and the SAFe framework to ensure its functioning and productivity.
- Reporting status updates and metrics to senior leadership on the performance and efficiency of the ART.
- Facilitate risk management of the ART.
- Facilitate the various ART meetings, including: ART sync, PO Sync, SOS, Joint Feature Refinement, and others as needed.
- Work to define working agreements for the ART.
- Support the Program Manager when necessary.
- Organize and lead the PI Planning Events for the ART
- Leads and organizes the Scrum Master community of practice
- Meet regularly with the Digital Marketing Train and the program manager to synchronize features on both ARTs and work through any issues and concerns.
- Work closely with program management and business owners to ensure that the ART is working on business priorities.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge and experience in Agile Processes and procedures (including SAFe framework, metrics, and in the implementation of Agile Release Train)
- Must be certified Scrum Master (Scrum Alliance), Professional Scrum master (Scrum.org), or Certified SAFe Scrum Master (Scaled Agile), SPC (SAFe Program Consultant), or Certified SAFe RTE
- Must have a minimum of 3 years as a Scrum Master, SPC, or RTE
- Must have a minimum of 3 years in leading teams, including the management of project dashboards.
- Experience working with information technology teams preferred
- Complex Problem Solving - identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement new ones.
- Strive to live a life consistent with biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
- Certified SAFe Program Consultant or SAFe Release Train Engineer
- Past experience as a Release Train Engineer. Past experience training teams and organizations in Agile.
- Experience providing Agile Training to teams and
Internal Work Environment:
- Frequent communication with business owners and management throughout the global organization
- Works as liaison between various business groups and supports groups globally
- Provides complex and professional communication to global leadership in verbal and written form
External Communication Requirements:
- Leads the Scrum Master
- Leads the ART events.
- Must establish & maintain cooperative working relationships with business stakeholders.
- Organizational: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/ information/activities.
- Decision Making: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
Stewardship of Resources:
- Actively seek to improve processes to reduce cost and complexity.
- Flexible hours required to accomplish key efforts.
- Our Daily Bread Ministries is a nondenominational nonprofit with staff and volunteers across the globe and resources distributed in 150 countries and in more than 50 languages. As a global ministry faithful to biblical principles, our commitment to diversity is reflected in our ministry's mission, vision, values, and ethos.
- Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)
- Systems Analysis
- Java (Programming Language)