Data Analyst, Healthcare Finance and Policy (WMS2/FSD) This announcement will be used to fill multiple positions Per Governor Inslee'sDirective 22-13.1, state employees must be fully vaccinated. Your vaccine status will be verified upon acceptance of a contingent job offer. Please note, medical or religious accommodation may be available once an offer of employment is made. The Financial Analytics Section is looking for someone with a strong curiosity to explore and analyze data to inform policy decisions. This position also requires the ability to monitor continuously changing state/federal policies and agency program rules, and the ability to visualize those changes in raw administrative datasets. If you are a critical thinker with the utmost attention to detail, the ability to conduct logical problem-solving, and the willingness to learn new skills, this may be a good fit for you. About the Division Our Data Analyst position is located in theFinancial Analytics Section(FAS) within theFinancial Services Division (FSD)of the Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA). To inform decision making, FAS provides data, data analysis, and relevant consultation to HCA stakeholders by leveraging knowledge of HCA programs and policies. FAS contributes critical products that are used to develop and monitor State healthcare policy and HCA's budget, financial operations, and program rates and outcomes. About the position TheData Analystwill perform assigned tasks of a highly specialized and technical nature. The tasks will include reviewing and analyzing policy changes; determining methodologies for financial modeling; conducting data-intensive analyses; and writing reports to inform HCA's budget, rates, forecasts, and policy discussions with external stakeholders. This position is eligible to telework part-time but is occasionally required to report on-site.This position is responsible for:
- Providing expert advice to inform and guide HCA budget and decision packages, bill analyses, fiscal notes, forecast steps, and other ad hoc analyses requests.
- Establishing project data requirements and extracting data using PL/SQL Developer and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Analyzing medical assistance, Public Employees
Board, and School EmployeesBenefits
Board data which are used to guide the agency's budget request and policy decisions.
- Organizing and coordinating analyses in order to detect trends, correlations, or any other patterns in financial data pertinent to agency operations.
- Analyzing reports prepared by other state and federal agencies to evaluate their impact on, or relationship to, the HCA's goals, objectives, and budget.
- Working closely with internal and external staff, including senior management and legislative staff, on projects requiring information and analysis.
- Collaborating with other divisions within HCA, partner agencies, and stakeholders to support the goals of Healthier Washington and efforts to introduce value-based purchasing options to Washington's health care system. Required
- A Master's Degree in economics, statistics, or a related field. Experience within the State or other government entity is strongly preferred. OR
- A Bachelor's degree in economics, statistics, or a related field.AND
- Three (3) or more years of experience working with large and complex data is required. Experience within the State or other government entity is strongly preferred. Desired Education, Experience, and Competencies
- Education or experience in medical billing.
- Experience working within the Washington State legislature process.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, rules, and regulations that govern Washington State's publicly funded healthcare programs.
- Knowledge of analytical querying protocols such as SQL.
- Advanced level skill in using Microsoft Excel.
- Effective verbal, visual, and written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex analytical information for non-technical audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to facilitate policy discussions between diverse groups. How to Apply Only candidates who reflect the minimum qualifications on their NEOGOV profile will be considered. Failure to follow the application instructions below may lead to disqualification. To apply for this position, you will need to complete your profile and attach:
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications for this position.
- Current resume.
- Three professional references, including a minimum of one past supervisor. About HCA TheWashington State Health Care Authority (HCA)is committed to whole-person care, integrating physical health and behavioral health services for better results and healthier residents. HCA purchases health care for more than 2.5 million Washington residents through Apple Health (Medicaid), the Public Employees
Board (PEBB) Program, and the School EmployeesBenefits
Board (SEBB) Program. As the largest health care purchaser in the state, we lead the effort to transform health care, helping ensure Washington residents have access to better health and better care at a lower cost.What we have to offer:
- Meaningful work with friendly co-workers who care about those we serveVoices of HCA
- A clear agency mission that drives our work and is person-centeredHCA's Mission, Vision & Values
- A healthy work/life balance, including alternative/flexible schedules and mobile work options.
- A great total compensation and benefit packageWA State Government
- A safe, pleasant workplace in a convenient location with restaurants, and shopping nearby.
- Tuition reimbursement
- And free parking! Notes The Washington State Health Care Authority is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that provides equal access and opportunity to anyone who qualifies, regardless of sex, race, age, color, religion, mental or physical disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression and/or military status. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact Angelic Matthews [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Data Analyst, Healthcare Finance and Policy (WMS2/FS) Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment. The Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) is an E-Verify employer. All applicants with a legal right to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.
- Nastran (Computer Aided Design Software)
- Engineering Analysis
- Ptc Creo Elements/Pro
- Creo Elements/Pro (Computer Aided Design Software)
- Autodesk Simulation