Role Purpose: To be the lead analyst in the NAND Flash memory segment, as part of memory and storage research team, with data-driven approach to analysis and forecast. The Principal Analyst will collaborate with colleagues in the research of memory and the application market segments that drives the demand. Contributing to our semiconductor research team's success with quarterly reports, monthly insights, presentations and opinion pieces, work closely with Sales and Business Development teams to drive revenue, collaborating with marketing and events teams, and supporting Omdia thought leadership in this space. Areas of Responsibility & Accountability The Principal Analyst will generate compelling, commercially relevant research agenda by understanding customer needs/questions; continuously enhancing the research and supporting our positioning as a definitive source of insight in the microcontroller market segment. Writing - Providing qualitative analysis to support and justify data with a focus on change and development; use a text plan and outline structure to support concise output; discuss the impact of technology and key market trends. Thought leadership - Produce written insights and press material to support research outputs, look for opportunities to comment on industry news, deliver insights and recommendations. Primary research - conduct interviews with key industry contacts; attending shows; F2F visits to support relationship development with leading industry figures; using interviews to offer opinion and insight on market developments. Secondary research - using a range of secondary sources to support primary research including - the internet, trade journals, in-house research, trade associations, public reports, financial releases, company press releases. Forecasting - Using primary and secondary research to generate market projections; using credible sources to support forecasts; logging all assumptions and working in a clear way; creating the story around market development/opportunities/risks. Developing base data - working with other team members to expand credible base data and ensure the quality of our research output. Sales and event support - Partner with the sales team to generate new leads, progress existing leads, and support renewals; use scoping to continually evolve the research offering.
- Experience in the microcontroller market, either as product manager or technical marketing personnel.
- Ability to informally call on senior contacts for updates etc.
- Comfortable hosting customer briefings and leading customer calls for a number of related research areas.
- Excel - advanced grasp of Excel for data building, data manipulation, and pivot table creation.
- Collaborative capabilities, knowing who to work with and where to seek support
- Ability to think outside the box in approaching problems to find innovative solutions
- Prioritizing time for competing tasks
- Detailed writing, insightful and opinionated.
- Data Analysis
- Data Management