SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE! LPN $10,000 Sign on bonuses are for external qualified candidates. M-F No Weekends | No Holidays Work/Life Balance! At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you. As a LPN-Clinic you've chosen a career where patients matter-a lot. Our Mission and Values put the patient first and place you in a position to improve each day. Provides care to patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within the scope of license. PRIMARYRESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to the assessment of patients and ensures the well-being of patients.
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs laboratory tests and therapeutic services.
- Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned. EDUCATION
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or education equivalency for licensing EXPERIENCE
- No experience required PHYSICAL
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Intensive Care Unit
- Emergency Departments
- Acute Care