Actalent is immediately hiring for a Phlebotomist in Haymarket, VA
- Experience doing blood draws, labeling specimens, centrifuging specimens, recording maintenance data and decontamination, updating patient information, etc. Collects and stores specimens according to established procedures.
- Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection (ex. urine or fecal) as required.
- Demonstrate technique/s using straight needles and/or butterfly needles.
- Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order.
- Check all test requisitions or computer label against script to ensure 100% corrects.
- Package specimens for transport
- Stores specimen sample according to required temperature, places samples in appropriate collection container/ tube, accurately labels, follows different procedures as outlined by specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain integrity of the specimen.
Valid Phlebotomy certification for the state where you will be employed as required in some states
Minimum of 2 YEARS work experience performing venipunctures in a fast paced lab or hospital setting
High School Diploma or GED
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Pay Rate (Based on Experience): $20-22/hr
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Medical Terminology
- Labeling Specimens
- Electronic Reporting
- Patient Safety
- Specimen Collection Techniques
- Labeling Policies