At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
As the Department Leader for the Threat & Vulnerability Management (TVM) Engineering Team, you are a key member of the Information Security leadership team. You will work with other leaders to make key decisions in protecting the firm from advanced cyber attacks. This will primarily focus on supporting the platforms and infrastructure that are used by the TVM organization. This role requires a balance of technical subject matter expertise, experience with execution using the agile methodology and practices, and clear communications and collaboration across stakeholder teams.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for the strategic and operational aspects of the TVM Engineering team in support of the Threat Management & Response and Attack Surface Management functions.
- Responsible for the continuous design, deployment and maintenance of the firms Security Incident & Event Management (SIEM), Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR), Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP), Database Access Management (DBAM), Network Security Monitoring (NSM), Vulnerability Scanners, and Attack Surface Management (ASM) platforms.
- Develop and foster cross-functional relationships with other leaders across the business and technology.
- Uses an Agile methodology to ensure all work requested by stakeholders is prioritized and executed in alignment with business priorities.
- Displays hands on approach with mentoring and developing Team Leads to drive the organization to higher performance.
- Develop key relationships with external security organizations and vendors to maintain awareness of security and platform tooling to ensure that the team is deploying the best solution to fit the needs of its stakeholders.
- Push the team towards engineering excellence through robust change management, currency, solution diagrams, and comprehensive documentation.
- Establish meaningful KPIs for team performance & SLAs/OLAs with a mindset of availability and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for compiling responses for any related regulatory requests and for fully managing any requests from Internal Audit.
- Maintains a constructive, team-oriented, and customer-focused attitude at all times and in all settings.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or related field preferred; or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum of 15 years Engineering experience, with at least ten years in a cybersecurity discipline, and six in a leadership role
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of security issues, risks, concepts, and terminology
- Advanced knowledge involving the development of multi-tier and cross-platform architecture plans, as well as security frameworks and standards such as NIST, COSO, COBIT, Agile, and ITIL
- Advanced knowledge in change and service management best practices
- Proficient in site reliability engineering practices that keep the platforms and environments readily available to the end users
- Demonstratable capability in managing a large budget and with vendor management principles
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are needed to prioritize tasks and serve as a leader for enterprise security initiatives
- Energy, focus & stature to excel – strong leadership presence and ability to demonstrate optimism and determination when facing challenges
- Information Security Certification such as: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Cloud Security Essentials, GIAC Public Cloud Security (GPCS), GIAC Defensible Security Architecture (GDSA), GIIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), GIAC Security Operations Manager (GSOM), GIAC Critical Controls Certification (GCCC), or similar
- Agile certification such as: PSM-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (ACSM), or Disciplined Agile ScrumMaster (DASM)
- Familiarity with OCC, FINRA, SEC, and IIROC, as well as SOX and NYDFS regulatory requirements related to cyber security
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune July 2022, Great Places to Work® data as of March 2022. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine. The privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance on the list.
- 2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published September 2022, research by Great Places to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones has been named to the 2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine, ranking No. 45.
- 2022 Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great Place to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® ranking by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine. Edward Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.
- 2022 Best Places to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work® in partnership with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Department Leader - Threat and Vulnerability Management
to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $131635 - $224136
- Consultative Selling
- Sales Process
- Consultative Approaches
- Sales Development
- Contact Management Systems
- Sales Management