Job Title: Location: Job Category: Schedule: Work Type: Department: Date Posted: Job ID: Job Summary
Geisinger is proud to offer a Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) a $15,000.00 hiring incentive for eligible candidates, competitive rates and up to $5.50/hr. shift differentials for evening, nights, and weekend shifts!Job Duties
Benefits of working at Geisinger:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) andhealth savings account (HSA)
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- Shared governance structure that empowers our Respiratory Therapists
- Protocol driven care
- Therapist autonomy
- Evidence-based medicine practices
- Collaboration with Intensivist Critical Care team
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated leaders
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program
Respiratory Therapy Residency Program
- 12-month program offered to graduate RTs with less than one year of acute care experience
- Focuses on developing critical thinking skills, collaborating with other disciplines, and expanding knowledge.
- Provides education and resources to support graduate RTs during the first year as a healthcare professional.
Join the Geisinger Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please contact Lorie Lopez at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Respiratory Therapist- Registered RRT or Certified CRT
Assesses patients' respiratory care needs based on a variety of data. Plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates treatment modalities to meet those needs. Ensures the very best patient/family experience by optimizing all customer interaction.
- Consistently performs and documents thorough patient assessments.
- Establishes appropriate care plans.
- Communicates with other members of the patient care team.
- Correctly performs and documents routine therapeutic modalities including aerosolized medications, secretion management techniques, pulmonary volume expansion, oxygen therapy, and assists with routine care and maintenance of artificial airways.
- Initiates and manages conventional and high frequency mechanical ventilators according to established protocol.
- Provides appropriate, age-specific, patient and family education as it relates to disease management.
- Assists in intra-hospital transport of mechanically ventilated patients.
- Responsible for acute airway management in emergent situations.
- Sets up and manages non-invasive monitoring (i.e. ETCO monitors, pulse oximeters).
- When care management not available, assists with discharge planning for patients needing respiratory related DME supplies, follows appropriate insurance guidelines.
- Adheres to regulatory requirements and safety standards.
- Adheres to institutional and nationally established standards of care.
- Collects arterial blood gas samples and processes through point of care blood analyzers.
- Maintains the confidentially of patient information according to established internal and external specifications and regulations including release of information and HIPAA.
- Functions as the Shift Coordinator (charge person) when designated as such after one year of employment.
- Assists the medical team in the performance of fiberoptic bronchoscopy procedures.
- Assists the medical team with the placement invasive monitoring lines and obtains hemodynamic measurements and calculations.
- Assists in the intra-hospital transport of age specific patient groups.
- Functions as a preceptor for orientees and students in their clinical rotation.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Rotating shifts 2-8 hour & 2-12 hour shifts/week
Every other weekend and holidayEducation
Graduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)Certification(s) and License(s)
Member of National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC); Registered Respiratory Therapist - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)Our Purpose & Values
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
- Acute Care
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Critical Care
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Basic Cardiac Life Support