You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Social Services Designee
How good is your vision? How far can you see? Can you look beyond the body's limitations, beyond the constant medical needs, and see the soul inside?
Wexford Healthcare CenterCommuniCare Family, Social Services Designee
WHAT WE OFFER
Beyond our competitive wages, we offer all full-time employees a variety of benefit options including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Employer Match with Flexible Spending Accounts
- NOW OFFERING DAILY PAY! WORK TODAY, GET PAID TOMORROW.
CATCH THE SPIRIT!
When you join the CommuniCare family, you’ll quickly catch the team spirit. Coworkers and residents become family, the workplace becomes a home, and a touch of spontaneity and fun keeps everyone smiling. Our core values promote an environment of respect, courtesy, and professional excellence where you can dedicate yourself to a career you love.
Do you have what it takes to be our Social Services Designee?
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent
Previous social services experience in a long term care environment.
As Social Services Designee, you will:
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with other direct caregivers to assure their participation in and support of all programs/services to benefit the residents’ psychosocial well being.
- Report all grievances and complaints and make necessary oral/written reports to the Director of Social Services.
- Serve as the resident’s advocate at all times working in harmony with all direct care giving staff to assure that the resident’s needs are being met at all times (i.e. appropriate dress and clean appearance). Be aware of any changes in a resident’s condition and report immediately to the RN Charge Nurse.
- Provide information to the Director of Social Services that would help to solve the problems of residents and better meet their needs.
- Improve the quality of services and/or activities and increase a variety of opportunities and choices for the resident.
- Work with the activity department to involve family members and guests in activities whenever possible.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident/family information at all times.
- Perform general social services duties.
THE COMMUNICARE COMMITMENT
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MjM2Nzo5OTM3Nzc
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.