At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The Edward Jones Technology Estates team is looking for a Java/Open Systems Technical Consultant who will utilize technical skills, complete software development tasks, and provide technical leadership for team members. This will be accomplished by interacting with vendors, enhancing applications, developing software, and tools, and providing support to our Estates systems. The team solves complex issues and collaborates with other areas to generate solutions and address problems. Our systems are key to Edward Jones’s daily business operations as they allow our Branches and Estates Home Office associates to effectively manage and support the Estates processes protecting client assets and distributing to beneficiaries in an accurate and timely manner.
What Experience You Need:Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related technical field, or equivalent experience in information systems
Minimum of 10 years of experience in designing, developing, and delivering application solutions for enterprise level development and integration projects
Ability to work in both an agile team environment and as an individual contributor
Previous experience as a tech lead mentoring multiple junior developers
Ability to design, develop, test, document, and implement quality software within targeted timeframes
Ability to perform analysis of system requirements to determine feasibility, costs, and benefits
Ability to prepare detailed software specifications and provide program or system level estimates
Ability to provide strategic direction and technical leadership to align objectives with the overall Firm strategy
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to explain complex technical issues in business terms
Presents ideas, thoughts, arguments, and information persuasively. Seen as credible and trustworthy.
Proficiency with Git and Git workflows
Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
Takes personal responsibility to improve processes and systems
The capacity to quickly understand a broad range of emerging technologies and the ability to apply and exploit target technology to support firm objectives
What Sets You Apart:
Knowledge of Financial Industry
Knowledge and experience with the following technologies a plus:
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune July 2022, Great Places to Work® data as of March 2022. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine. The privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance on the list.
- 2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published September 2022, research by Great Places to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones has been named to the 2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine, ranking No. 45.
- 2022 Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great Place to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® ranking by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine. Edward Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.
- 2022 Best Places to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work® in partnership with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Java Developer Team Lead
to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $90628 - $154313
- .Net Framework
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- Java (Programming Language)
- Sql (Programming Language)
- Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
- Visual Basic (Programming Language)