Position Title: Concrete Project Superintendent
Reports to: Operations Manager/Project Management
Direct Reports: Field Manpower
A concrete project superintendent is a person who plans and ensures the coordination of concrete construction and has the responsibility of supervising the concrete portions of the project. The Superintendent ensures that quality work is being put into place, the schedule is being maintained, and that the budget is followed as planned. Responsibilities are all encompassing of the total supervision of all the concrete operations on the site to ensure that the workers are implementing what is designed, project is completed on time, and that safety and company standards are met. Concrete Superintendents work hand in hand with the General Contractors to assure accurate and timely sequencing of the project that best benefits Concrete Strategies and the job. Concrete Superintendent also coordinate on a weekly basis with the Operations Managers and Project Management for global manpower and resource scheduling as well as successful project communication and execution.
- Coordination with Operations managers for all concrete schedules/operations.
- Daily communications/coordination with the Project Management staff to ensure successful project communication and execution.
- Being on site to supervise and oversee all concrete construction processes
- Ensuring that the budget is followed in terms manpower productions and material expenditures.
- Organizing and scheduling the field labor and ensuring that they are performing as required
- Coordinates with other subcontractors and ensures proper planning and work harmony.
- Ensure that quality is preserved in the concrete construction process and that the budget is maintained
- Tracking and reporting project progress on a daily and weekly basis.
- Tracking and accurately capturing/reporting time for the field manpower they oversee.
- Continuously monitor productivity and percentage complete, identifying problems and potential delays, and provide solutions to overcome and delays or challenges.
Job Specific Competencies/behaviors:
- Vast knowledge and experience of concrete construction ranging from Footings, walls, flatwork, tilt up, paving.
- General knowledge of scheduling concrete work activities and how they relate to other trades and scopes of work.
- Safety Conscious and willing to implement the CSI safety culture to our projects.
- Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
Concrete Strategies employs over 800 office and field personnel and completes over $500 million revenue annually from our headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, as well as our other national offices.
Our other locations include Kansas City, KS; Des Moines, IA; Exton, PA; Phoenix, AZ; and Marysville, WA.
We have an unparalleled track record in architectural site cast concrete, structural concrete, flatwork, site utilities and all types of self-performing concrete construction for commercial projects. Most importantly, our commitment to safety has earned CSI a reputation as one of the top concrete contractors in the United States.
- Physical Education (Pe)
- Project Commissioning
- Construction Management