Sargent Electric Company (www.sargentelectric.com) - Consistently named one of the Top Fastest Growing Companies. Also, Awarded Safety recognition by Specialty Trades Insurance Company for the large company bracket and The Association of Union Constructors! Established in 1907, Sargent Electric Company has since evolved into one of the largest electrical contracting companies in the area, providing comprehensive services to our clients.
We are looking for an experienced Project Scheduler
- Attend project turnover meetings in order to obtain all necessary information required to prepare the project resource loaded baseline schedule and other required documents.
- Submit all schedule drafts and related documents to Project Management for review and approval. Make revisions accordingly.
- Continually monitor project activities and related reports to identify possible changes to the project schedule. Prepare trend and earned value analyses ( SPI and CPI ) to identify specific problem areas and make recommendations accordingly to Project Management. Update as necessary.
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of the Companys cost accounting and estimating systems so as to properly prepare and update all project schedules and related documents.
- Ensure the Companys overall scheduling and budgeting information requirements are met throughout each projects duration.
- Attend projects meetings, as required, and be prepared to identify all scheduling and budget related issues along with recommendations as to necessary updates/changes. Follow up according.
- Maintain ongoing communication with all appropriate project and other Company department personnel as a means of maximizing the use and effectiveness of project schedule and budget information.
- Prepare all data and documentation necessary for schedule audits and closeout reviews.
- Understand and support all Company policies and procedures and follow/communicate accordingly.
- Be aware of skill training enhancement needs and opportunities relative to the position and/or to direct reports, if any. Communicate accordingly to management.
- When appropriate, participate in, and actively support, all Company training, safety and management development initiatives.
- Delevope a schedule CPI and SPI risk traffic light report monthly and communicate concerns relating to schedule delays and CPI/SPI oroject performance to Project Maanagement and Division Leadership as early as possible in the life cycle of each project to be able to address variances and course correct.
- Previous scheduling experience in the Utility/Power systems market is a plus or experience scheduling for civil works or other construction specialty trade work.
- Participate in developing schedule delay analysis work to support change orders or claims.
- Assume any additional duties and responsibilities as delegated by Sargent Electric Management.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or General Education Degree required, plus a two-year technical degree in a related field preferred.
- 3 years experience on construction projects or CPM network scheduling experience are required.
- Proficient in the use of Oracle Primavera P6 software and demonstrated understanding of the various aspects of project planning are essential.
- Excellent written communication skills. Proficient with computers, particularly Microsoft Office applications, including the ability to type.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of diverse individuals.
- Works efficiently under tight timeframes, responds to requests in a timely manner, and communicates effectively as a team player.The ability to manage the scheduling effort for multiple projects at the same time.
- Understands the importance of being able to multi-task.
Powered by JazzHR
- Microsoft Project
- Project Management
- Project Management Professional
- Critical Path Method
- Project Coordination
- Project Planning