You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
We are committed to delivering personalized, professional, and expert-level care to every resident. Sandstone South Lake is looking for individuals with the passion and initiative to provide excellent service to everyone who walks through our doors.
SUMMARY: The Cook is responsible for food preparation in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Dietitian and/or Director of Food Services, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Assist in developing, implementing and coordinating department policies, procedures, and food service manuals.
- Interpret department policies and procedures to personnel, residents, visitors, family members, etc., as necessary.
- Assist in planning regular and special diet menus as prescribed by the attending physician. Assure that food is available for preparation by cooks.
- Coordinate food services with other departments as necessary.
- Work with the facility’s dietitian and implement recommended changes as required.
- Ensure that all food service procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- One (1) year dietary/food experience in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility preferred but not required.
- Must have Illinois Food Service Sanitation certification
- Must be able to read, speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents, personnel, and support agencies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- Must be able to taste and smell food to determine quality and palatability.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Food Services
- Follow Recipe
- Cooking Times
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: MjM2Nzo5OTIwNzQ
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.