**This position is eligible for a minimum of $30K Sign-On Bonus****Sign-on bonuses are not permitted for internal applicants**
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trail blaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
The Test Systems Product Team (TSPT) Directorate is a multi-discipline organization responsible for developing test solutions for all Raytheon Missile Defense (RMD) products. Our engineers are responsible for all elements of the development lifecycle for test. We are hands-on, designing with the latest technology and tools, and integrate state of the art test solutions with the most advanced engineering systems in the world. Typical work involves designing interface assemblies, selection and integration with test instruments and environments, to develop a test system for all RMD products. These core activities may be performed for both lab engineering and factory production test systems. The candidate will contribute to the completion of all stages of test product development and will be responsible for helping to maintain the technical, cost and schedule aspects of their assigned projects. They will be expected to act, either as a part of their team or independently, to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of test products.
We value diverse skills and experience, so dont hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If youre passionate about what you could accomplish here, wed love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- You will be a member of multidiscipline engineering teams performing design, development, and integration of RMD test products within TSPT.
- Typical work involves the development of both engineering and production test systems, test interface adapters, cabling, technical drawing creation, schematic creation, circuit design and analysis
- You will contribute to the completion of all stages of test product development, and will be responsible for performing technical, cost and schedule management of their assigned projects.
- You will be expected to act, either as a part of the team or independently, to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of test products.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires Bachelors degree and Eight (8) years of prior relevant experience OR an Advanced degree and six (6) years of relevant experience OR In absence of a degree, twenty (12) years of relevant experience is required
- Professional electrical engineering design experience to include electronic design, troubleshooting, analysis, and test
- Previous work experience with commonly used electrical engineering design and analysis tools such as: Altium, DX Designer, Mentor Capital, Creo Schematic, or equivalent
- Experience with commonly used test equipment, such as: Oscilloscopes, DMMs, Network Analyzers, Power Meters, etc.
- Experience using schematic capture tools and interpreting schematics
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience leading a team
- Experience working in a team environment
- Master of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM). ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- The ability to provide technical leadership in a multidiscipline team environment.
- Experience performing analog, digital, and/or RF design
- Experience designing, testing and integrating digital, mixed signal, and electrical system interconnect
- Must be a self-starter and able to manage workload to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent technical writing and formal presentation experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead single- or multi-discipline teams of engineers
- Project management experience
- Bid and proposal experience
- A working knowledge of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques
- Experience with developing and implementing programming languages
- Experience utilizing integrated development environments and debugging tools to troubleshoot software
- Ability and willingness to utilize existing designs as a starting point to interface with new units under test (UUTs) and UUT configurations when necessary
- Experience with troubleshooting and root-cause analysis
- Practical knowledge of project management
- Practical to substantial knowledge of RTX projects, programs or systems with the ability to make enhancements and leverage in daily work.
- An interest in international travel
What We OfferWhether you are just starting out on your career journey, or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package including compensation, healthcare, wellness, retirement, work/life benefits, career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at:[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to **Minimum $30K Sign-on Bonus** Principal Electrical Engineer - Test
Employee Referral Award Eligibility:Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to **Minimum $30K Sign-on Bonus** Principal Electrical Engineer - Test) to receive the Referral Awarding.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of Americas 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of natures best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucsons fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round