At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
- Responsible for directing and managing the firm's desktop and server software licenses while being a good steward of the firm's resources.
- Responsible for participating in strategic software sourcing initiatives in a cross functional team environment that will include strategy, vendor selection, market intelligence, vendor due diligence, product viability, negotiations and contract execution on software purchases and renewals.
- Ensure that maintenance, support and upgrade protection renewals are managed in advance of their expiration.
- Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services.
- Develop and maintain strategic software license compliance management policies and strategies and will manage a $15-20M portfolio of license agreements.
- Establish and maintain contractual and business relationships with all major enterprise software suppliers and resellers in conjunction with the Sourcing Office (e.g., IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, CA, Soft Choice, etc.).
- Analyze and understand licensing terms, conditions, and product use rights and ensure compliance with supplier licensing policies.
- Maintain a repository of enterprise software licenses/keys.
- Act as a subject matter expert, directing Sr. Leaders towards the best decision by balancing solution costs with business requirements.
- Provide leadership and coordination between the Business Owner, Finance, Internal Audit, Legal, IT Operations, External Auditors and Vendors, throughout the asset management lifecycle to include all software audits.
- May provide periodic financial reporting on software assets and assist with collating, analyzing and forecasting demand for desktop and server software.
- Bachelor's degree required, CSAM Certification preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in software compliance or contract negotiations
- Understanding of legal and contracting environments
- Understanding of computer and communications operating environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize word processing, spreadsheet, and database query tools. Experience with asset / contract management tools is preferred
As a financial institution, many issues are governed by regulation, internal policies, procedures and guidelines which give guidance, but also present constraints in problem solving.
- Ability to independently bring an audit to close with the best possible outcome for the firm
- Partner with stakeholders to identify cost savings opportunities and reduce risk to the firm
- Ability to interpret legal document architecture and language
- Ability to logically break down problems and provide multiple options for resolutions
- Ability to develop creative solutions to business issues and vendor negotiations
This position has a high level of autonomy. Initiatives are reviewed with colleagues and Department leaders; however the Software Compliance Manager is responsible for working directly and independently with the business areas to develop a strategic solution that incorporates the business needs, while minimizing the business risk.
Span of Influence:
- Involved in complex decisions
- Identify and analyze a situation to make the most prudent and cost effective decision considering all available data
- Leads or supervises multiple business initiatives at one time
- May lead or supervise the renewal of maintenance contracts
- Most decisions have a high degree of complexity as each initiative is unique
This position has influence over supplier and product recommendations which can impact the entire firm – including the local branch offices. The Software Compliance Manager is seen as a subject matter expert and acts as a consultant when business areas have needs around software compliance and contract formation. Business areas look to the Sourcing group to provide sound advice and ask the difficult questions to ensure the firm is making the correct decision. This position will also frequently come into contact with senior level executives and legal representatives when dealing with negotiation strategy, audits and other contract matters with the supplier.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune July 2022, Great Places to Work® data as of March 2022. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine. The privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance on the list.
- 2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published September 2022, research by Great Places to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones has been named to the 2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine, ranking No. 45.
- 2022 Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great Place to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® ranking by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine. Edward Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.
- 2022 Best Places to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work® in partnership with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Software Compliance Manager
to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $66379 - $109459
- Financial Services