The Originator proactively solicitsnew residentialmortgage business and sells Community Credit Union mortgage products to meet established loan quality and origination/sales goals.Continually identifies, develops, and maintains a high-quality network of business relationships that serves as a source of recurring referrals for new mortgage loans. A Mortgage Loan Officers business relationship network may include realtors, professional and personal contacts, and any other reputable referral sources. This business relationship network is to continue to grow by the Mortgage Loan Officers active and regular participation in business development opportunities, professional organizations, chambers of commerce, and other community events focusing on home ownership and mortgage lending.
Develops and maintains successful relationships with business referral sources. Prospects newmortgageloanopportunities. Meetsor communicateswith members as necessary during various stages of the loan process. Provides complete loan applications toourMortgageCenter. Ensures exceptional customer experience bymonitoringloan process from origination to closingand providing on-going communication toapplicants. Achieves sales goals as established by Community Credit Union.
Develops and grows the business referral network through marketing, cold-calling, prospecting and networking activities. Participates in community efforts to promote home ownership. Meets with prospective borrowers. Reviews credit and financial data. Determines borrower financing needs. Presents appropriate Community Credit Union products and programs and explains guidelines. Apprises of pricing and lock rate as required. Identifies opportunities to sell or cross-sell additional credit union products including checking accounts, personal loans, business checking accounts, etc. Collects supporting loan documentation as required and provides complete application package to the Mortgage Center Manager. Works with the Mortgage Center staff to ensure that loan docs are submitted within 5 business days. Work with Mortgage Center Manager and Underwriters to ensure that loan conditions are met and maintains on-going communication with members regarding loan status. Maintains current and thorough knowledge of all lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. Performs all job functions in accordance with Community Credit Unions policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years of residential Mortgage Lending experience with a focus on generating new business.
- Experience inprospecting, generating leads, closing business,and consistently meetingsalesgoals.
- Established network of referral business includingrealtorsand otherbusiness or community leaders.
- Demonstrated understanding of Mortgage Processing, underwriting and closing procedures.
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government lending guidelines.
- Understanding ofregulationsonReal Estate Lending.
- Current NMLS registration is a requirement for this position.
- Strong computer skills includingMicrosoft Office and personal computers.
- Ability to prioritize,multitask, and meet deadlines during various stages of the loan process.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing, with borrowers and credit union staff.
- Ability to analyze financialstatements, tax returnsandto recommend possible financing scenarios.
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills.
High School Diploma or equivalent. 4-year college degree preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Transaction Processing (Business)
- Sales Management