702501 - RN Operating Room - Rochester, NY - 13 Weeks Contract
Sigma Healthcare team
is looking for an experienced OR RN for our client's hospital is Rochester,NY.
8/10/12 hour shifts
- RNFA is a highly trained RN and have completed an RNFA program which is offered through a college or university.
- Collaborates with the surgeon and the healthcare team in performing a safe operation with optimal outcomes for the patient.
- Practices preoperative nursing and must have acquired the necessary knowledge, skill & judgment specific to clinical practice in the operating room and in the RNFA role.
- Practices in collaboration with and at the direction of the surgeon in the operative phase of the perioperative experience.
- Performs duties of OR staff RN when not assigned in RNFA role-NYS license as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Completion of an accredited RN First Assistant course.
- Robotic surgery experience preferred.
- Proficient in perioperative nursing practice-preferred scrubbing and circulating experience.
- No weekends, but will have evening call and rotating holiday requirements. Combined Circ/Scrub and RNFA role.
- 2 years experience
- RN License (currently accepting any state license)
- BLS (American Heart Association)
- ACLS (American Heart Association)
- Some telephone triage.
- CNOR Certification
- Two (2) years Experience OR experience in a level 1 trauma preferred
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit
- Critical Care
- Intensive Care Unit