Sword is a leader in data insights, digital transformation, and technology services with a substantial reputation in software development, complex business IT projects and mission critical operations. With over 2,500 Technology, Digital & Software specialists working globally, we unlock solutions to the most critical business technology challenges
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced GIS Consultant
Based in Houston, TX
The role will focus on providing quality, high value and timely mapping, technical advice, geospatial data management and analysis services to multi-disciplinary project teams working offshore exploration opportunities, including subsurface, regulatory and commercial staff.
It also includes:
- Provide Geomatics expert advice and guidance to project teams
- Promote the use of Geo-Information and spatial analysis techniques within project teams. Link these services to customer requirements/problems to improve the business benefits and value of these data sources.
- Support and improve web mapping services and promote best practices in the use of ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Online.
- Ensure Geo-information contained in the project data stores is high quality, accurate, current and attributed with proper metadata, published to the proper data stores and geodetically sound.
- Ensure all Geo-Information activities comply with standards/guidelines from our clients Geospatial strategy.
Key Technical Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree (BSc) or Masters degree (MSc) in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or related geospatial /geoscience technical discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant GIS experience, including mapping/cartography & geospatial analysis
- An understanding of the Oil and Gas business and how GIS and Geo-Information impact business decisions.
- Experience in the use of ESRI desktop applications (ArcMap/ArcGIS Pro) is required
- Skill with ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, SQL, FME and spatial programming (ex. python) would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to apply practices and techniques in GIS and management/sharing of geospatial data.
- Knowledge of coordinate integrity issues and the ability to implement standards.
Key Personal attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate with customers from a variety of professional backgrounds to recommend geospatial solutions for the workflows necessary to deliver timely solutions for the business.
- Able to identify and articulate the business value of the services and products produced
- A learner mindset with ability to continuously improve, share mistakes and learn
Sword offers career paths in rapidly evolving technology spaces including Data & AI, Modern Managed Services, Information Management, Digital Services, Content Services, and Modern Workplace Transformation.
This role offers a highly competitive, success-driven, open-ended commission scheme where we reward those that over deliver.
Our team culture is based on building inclusive teams, investing in training and development, the quality of our interactions with our customers and our position as an employer of choice in the areas in which we operate.
All Sword Group colleagues are supported and encouraged to develop their career with Sword through our personal training and development plan alongside a competitive salary, pension, private healthcare, and employee assistance programme.