As an overnight House Person your duties will include but are not limited to assisting in housekeeping and laundry as requested and always ensuring public areas maintain a clean and presentable appearance. This includes removing trash from rooms, halls, and public areas and consistently maintaining a high quality of detail. The House Person must ensure that standards of cleanliness in assigned areas are achieved and maintained on a consistent basis to provide the highest level of guest satisfaction in cleanliness and service, within the established time limitations.
As an overnight Groundskeeper/security you are responsible for providing an atmosphere of confidence and trust. Maintaining the safety and security of the hotel and its property while ensuring the care of the Guests and their personal possessions. A Security guard provides exceptional Guest services to every Guest and visitor of the hotel while upholding all policies and procedures.
House Person Responsibilities/Qualifications:
- Must exhibit a pleasing personality to ensure the highest level of guest service.
- Assist Housekeeping and Front Desk, as needed.
- Cleaning and maintaining guest rooms, hallways, furnishings, flooring and working/public areas.
- Follow company, safety, and security policies.
- Report maintenance problems.
- Support property cleanliness.
- Follow written and verbal orders/requests.
- Time management and efficiency in tasks.
- Ability to cross-train for anoth.er position if needed.
- Assist with laundry as needed.
Groundskeeper/Security Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Every 30 minutes on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions.
- Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests and assisting with door lock problems
- Ability to coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fires or other safety hazards/threats to life and/or hotel property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner.
- Handle undesired conduct/violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons, and property.
- Be aware of all visitors entering/exiting the property and notify MOD/Management of any suspicious activity.
- Conduct exterior and interior patrols of the hotel premises on a regular basis each evening, as defined by management.
- Respond to Guest requests, and re-direct to appropriate department as needed.
- Respond to accidents, contact authorities and EMS as necessary. Report to management as required
- Ensure pool, and fitness center hours/general hotel rules are being enforced.
- Complete documentation and reporting of all security/loss prevention-related incidents. Conduct investigations and gathering of evidence as required.
- Manage difficult/noisy guests following company procedures.
- Escort all unwelcome persons from the property in a safe manner, avoiding interruption of property operations
- Report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries.
- Support other departments as needed with cleaning and maintenance support
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Previous guest service and/or housekeeping experience.
- Experience using industrial cleaning equipment and products.
- Flexible working hours.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision while meeting high-performance standards.
- Physical mobility and stamina.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Professional and polite.
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to remain discreet and respect the privacy of guests.
- Ability to perform consistent work to the highest of standards.
- Ability to interact with guests in a pleasant, friendly way.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Always follows our established safety procedures.
- Be knowledgeable about your Property's layout, facilities, and services so that you can answer questions from guests.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Sound judgment, must be able to handle loud, rude or intoxicated Guests, be able to interact with law enforcement and remain calm.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Company rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel and Company rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected class.
The statements listed are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. Activities, duties, and responsibilities are therefore subject to change and new ones may be assigned at any time, with or without notice. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Customer Service
- Financial Services
- Financial Statements
- Provide Financial Support