Position Title: Mental Health Therapist
Reports To: Program Supervisor and Clinical Supervisor
Responsible for providing diagnostic interviews, individual, couple/family or group psychotherapy, consultations, crisis interventions, treatment planning, and medical record documentation/reviews, as part of a multi-disciplinary team, under the supervision of a clinical supervisor. Must be willing to work with youth.
$33.50 - $48.50 / hour DOE
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care Plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays (12)
- Paid Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Competitive wages
- Stability and career advancement
- Continuing Education Opportunities
CATEGORIES OF DUTIESClinical Responsibilities
- Shall be responsible for developing and demonstrating appropriate skills in conducting psychological evaluations of patients, which may include a clinical diagnostic interview and /or psychological.
- Shall be responsible for developing and demonstrating appropriate skills in treatment and discharge planning.
- Shall be responsible for developing and demonstrating appropriate skills in determining diagnoses and treatment recommendations based on knowledge and identification of signs and symptoms of psychological disorders.
- Shall be responsible for developing and demonstrating appropriate skills in providing individual, couple/family, and group psychotherapy.
- Shall be responsible for developing and demonstrating appropriate skills in providing crisis intervention services or counseling, psychological emergency interventions and assessments, including determining need for 5150 evaluations.
- Shall be responsible for developing and demonstrating appropriate skills in providing consultation/liaison services to multidisciplinary program staff pertaining to patients diagnoses, mental status, interventions and treatment planning, as well as communicating changes in patients mental status or psychological disposition.
- Shall be responsible for developing and demonstrating appropriate skills and knowledge of current legal standards pertaining to professional practice, reporting requirements (i.e., suspected abuse; Tarasoff), professional boundaries and related issues.
- Provides timely, comprehensive progress note charting in patients Medical Record in accordance with JCAHO, State, County and Agency standards, to include individual sessions, group participation, crisis intervention, etc.
- Shall be responsible for attending weekly group supervision meetings as requested.
- Shall be responsible for attending individual supervision sessions as scheduled with supervisors.
- Shall be responsible for attending weekly training seminars and other specific trainings as requested.
- Shall be responsible for maintaining proper documentation of training hours and obtaining supervisors signatures as required.
- Shall be responsible for proper documentation of clinical information obtained through provision of clinical services rendered, and for obtaining signature of supervisors on all documentation.
- Shall demonstrate ability to conceptualize cases and prioritize treatment needs as evidenced by clinical documentation.
- Shall perform such additional functions as specifically requested by the Coordinator of the Psychology Training Program to meet special facility patient needs, as necessary.
Masters degree in Behavioral Sciences, and a registered Intern with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (in California).
Prior experience in providing substance abuse and/or mental health services, working with youth and/or families in a mental health setting, and prior experience with DMH documentation, although not mandatory, is preferred.
Tarzana Treatment Centers, Inc. is a non-profit corporation, which provides behavioral healthcare services, including chemical dependency.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tarzana Treatment Centers, Inc. does not discriminate as to race, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation and disability in its hiring practices.
Tarzana Treatment Centers, Inc. supports the American with Disabilities Act. Discrimination is prohibited in all aspects of employment against disabled persons, who, with reasonable accommodations, can perform the essential functions of a job.