Semi-Remote Accounts Payable Manager
A successful and established commercial real estate owner, operator and developer in Manhattan is seeking an experienced Manager of Accounts Payable. This role will oversee a staff of 3 coordinators and regularly interact with the organization’s upper management team.
The Manager of Accounts Payable will manage all business activities of the Accounts Payable Department. Responsible for performing, directing and delivering end to end procure to pay, managing key processes by working with various internal and external teams.
Remote Monday and Friday. In office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:30-5:00. Fridays 9:30-1:00 year round.
- Work closely with corporate and property staff to provide a seamless purchase order to vendor payments process.
- Ensure that payments are charged to the correct general ledger account and cost center.
- Manage vendor relations and account reconciliations.
- Manage the monthly closings of financial records and posting of month-end information.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate accrual of Accounts Payable related expenses at month-end.
- Maintain weekly cash flow report based on accounts payable activity.
- Mentor and develop employees through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication of policies and rules, and constructive discipline; builds morale and motivation.
- Lead the team to resolve any escalated internal and external customer issues.
- Write and approve departmental procedures. Implement new accounting policies and ensure those policies are adhered to by the team, as well as the business.
- Train and audit work of team members for accuracy and timeliness.
- Participate in the year-end closing process.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience leading and implementing controls and efficiencies.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must have real estate related software experience. Yardi is a plus.
- Effective leadership skill and ability to motivate the department staff.
- Strong organizational ability and excellent attention to detail.
- Effective communications skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and consistently meet all deadlines.
Compensation: $90,000-$110,000 per year + bonus, comprehensive health benefits, 401k match, and other valuable perks.
Please send your resume for immediate consideration to: [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Semi-Remote Accounts Payable Manager
If this particular role isn't the ideal fit, please feel free to forward your resume to the email above to explore other available opportunities. Please also feel free to share this posting with anyone in your network who might be open to learning more. Referrals are always appreciated!
*Celebrating over 35 years as New York’s trusted boutique executive recruiting & staffing firm*
- Financial Statements
- Prepare Payable Check
- Lead Dedicated Team
- Accounts Payable Accruals
- Accounts Receivable Operations
- Accounts Payable Procedures