WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHINGWe care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
The RoleAMD is a fast-paced, results-focused, highly innovative company built upon a legion of forward-thinking people with a passion for winning technology.
We are searching for a Human Resource Business Partner Sr. Manager to support several key executives in our Compute & Graphics business unit. This is a superb opportunity for a passionate HR professional who has shown strong execution and end to end ownership to make a difference and have an impact in a highly vibrant environment.
The PersonThe successful candidate will advise and collaborate with AMD senior executives on a variety of human capital strategies, provide business insights through org and talent analytics, and drive key change and talent initiatives. Those who thrive here seek out clarity in the face of ambiguity, take risks when confronted with the unknown, are motivated by solving problems and do what they say, and own what they do.
Key ResponsibilitiesBusiness, Financial, and Industry Acuity
- Know how businesses work; knowledgeable in current practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization
Interpersonal, Communication, and Advising Skills
- Guide and influence the business to identify, develop, and drive key human capital initiatives such as leadership development, organizational planning, global recruiting, and rewards and recognition
- Partner and team with colleagues inside and outside of HR to innovate, improve, align, and drive the efficiency of enterprise-wide HR programs and initiatives
- Strategically drive pay-for-performance including salary planning, promotions, resource planning, and talent calibration
- Facilitate business conversations that drive the people strategies to enable a positive business impact
- Act as an advisor to business leaders on issues relating to policy interpretation and employee relations
Organizational Diagnostics, Analytics, and Problem Solving
- Analyze and communicate insights using the HR Dashboard and the key talent metrics to provide guidance to the business
- Analyze and interpret engagement survey results - identifying trends and collaborating with leaders to identify and implement action planning
- Capture information, find patterns, understand independencies, and tackle problems or find innovative solutions in support of business objectives
- Assist people and the organization in moving to new ways of thinking and/or operating
- Drive communication and organizational change plans that ensure appropriate pre-wiring and alignment with key partners and are thoughtfully executed to mitigate risk and drive positive employee engagement
- Diversified knowledge and application of HR processes and programs such as organization development, organizational change, workforce planning, performance management, employee relations, compensation & rewards, training, and recruitment
- Proven track record to analyze and use metrics to influence action
- Exposure to executive coaching frameworks, tools, and approaches
- Confirmed operational and project leadership skills
- Proven ability to work optimally in a sophisticated, global, matrixed organization
- Ability to work effectively on a distributed team, productively handle conflict, and build trust
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to influence others
- Focused on delivering tangible and measurable results
- Experience working in a Technical/Engineering company a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in HR preferred
Location: Austin, TX
At AMD, your base pay is one part of your total rewards package. Your base pay will depend on where your skills, qualifications, experience, and location fit into the hiring range for the position. You may be eligible for incentives based upon your role such as either an annual bonus or sales incentive. Many AMD employees have the opportunity to own shares of AMD stock, as well as a discount when purchasing AMD stock if voluntarily participating in AMD’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also be eligible for competitive benefits described in more detail here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
- Business Development
- Team Building
- Strategic Planning
- Business Operations
- Relationship Building
- Organization Development